Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Moon Walk for Diabetes June 26th

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Dublin moonlight June walk will raise funds for diabetes

moonwalk_poster.jpgLooking for a new challenge? Think walking is for wimps? Then think again – take the next step by yourself, or with friends and sign up for the diabetes Federation of Ireland’s 30km Dublin Moon Walk on Saturday 26 June. Walk from dusk ‘til dawn under the Dublin moon and raise funds for a range of services provided by the Diabetes Federation of Ireland and Discover Dublin while making a difference!

The moonwalk around Dublin City is from 10pm on Saturday 26 June to 6am on Sunday 27. The walk will take you through the streets of Dublin passing many historical sites and finish at dawn with breakfast in the Burlington Hotel.

Looking for a new challenge? Think walking is for wimps? Then think again – take the next step by yourself, or with friends and sign up for the diabetes Federation of Ireland’s 30km Dublin Moon Walk on Saturday 26 June. Walk from dusk ‘til dawn under the Dublin moon and raise funds for a range of services provided by the Diabetes Federation of Ireland and Discover Dublin while making a difference!

The moonwalk around Dublin City is from 10pm on Saturday 26 June to 6am on Sunday 27. The walk will take you through the streets of Dublin passing many historical sites and finish at dawn with breakfast in the Burlington Hotel.

More information here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

thread stuck - I'm doing this myself btw, thanks for the info Gra.

Any LTI'ers fancy a meet-up on the night?

PS - cheeky plug, my fundraising page is here:
    http://www.diabetesshop.ie/iopen24/quick_donation.php?sID=94

Bump - the meetup bit not the sponsorship bit :) Anyone else here doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

30km? :eek: It's a very good idea.

Pity the website doesn't accept Paypal. It would make it a lot easier to donate. Maybe I'm just lazy! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's only 18.6miles though, which sounds a bit less of a distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jilly19

Im doing it too! Shud be a good nite

• Advertisement

Oh my poor feet! Finished in 5 hrs, last 5k was horrible, but very proud of myself today ;) well done to everyone who did it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well done to everyone who did it, I could not as I have a young son plus I have chronic fatigue from something else but it is a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jilly19

tbh wrote: »
    Oh my poor feet! Finished in 5 hrs, last 5k was horrible, but very proud of myself today ;) well done to everyone who did it

Omg yoy did it in 5 hours? Well done! I did it in 6 and a half as some of us were quite behind! my feet are also killing me but im glad i didnt give up! it was quite enjoyable :)

Advertisement