Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 player stories in Super? *SPOILERS*

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:39am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

*SUPER SF4 SPOILERS*

So I have played quickly through some one player on my spanking new Gamesnash given SSF4...

What is up with the 1 player stories in Super?

Sagat: I love Ryu, he is my friend and I smile now. Yay!

Ryu: No more talking about Satsui no Hado, I am all powerful and good and stuff. Yay!

Ken: I'm having a kid, No more Street Fighting for me!

Gouken: I love Ryu and Ken. Who's Akuma?

Viper: I love my kid.

Guile: You know what? Charlie IS dead. Let's kick Bison's ass for ruining families (who love each other).

Chun Li: Did Juri just imply I play for the other side?

... and so on. Alot of the storylines look like they are closing off the original characters :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well, explain how else a woman with DEM THIGHS has no suitors...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I am attracted to Juri....... Sexy b1tch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Dom Santiago: WHERE'S MY WIIIIIFE?!?!?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Isn't ssfiv a link from sf2 - to sf3?

Maybe they are trying to explain the reasons for some of the missing chars from sf3...

Just a suggestion!

SFIV takes place between SFII and SFIII -- but it juggles the canon around so much that the canon is truly boned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

*SUPER SF4 SPOILERS*

So I have played quickly through some one player on my spanking new Gamesnash given SSF4...
    but....but its only Wednesday
    :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

M.Bison
    Prologue:
    He was happy to let Seth run things but he now reckons Seth has gone to far, particularly by adding Juri to his arsenal. Now its time to put him back in his place.

Ending: Is a direct continuation of his SF 4 ending.
    He kills the Seth he was talking too, Juri enters and kills several of the Seths loyal to Bison. They briefly talk and then prepare to fight each other.

Guy
    Prologue:
    Must keep battling evil.

Ending: Is a continuation of Rose's SF 4 ending.
    Bison is seen bringing Rose to his VOTL when Guy appears and tells him to leave her behind or he will stop him. Its not shown what happens but Guy somehow saves Rose.

Rose
    Prologue:
    She says she can only temporily stop Bison. Only Ryu can beat him but only when the stars are correctly aligned.

Ending: Is a direct continuation of her SF 4 ending.
    She is having a dream, wondering if she is dead after Bison face palm zapped her. She wakes up with Guys asistance.

Vega
    Prolgue:
    Vega is montoring Seth for Bison. He comments on how ugly Bison is. But is interested in his ability to create bodies (even though he reckons God himself could not make a body as beautiful has his), if he can have this ability for himself he could ensure his beauty can live on forever.

Ending: Is a continuation of his SF IV ending.
    He is seen flying a helicoptor away from Seths base. He spots Chun-Li, Guile and Abel alive despite his attempt to kill Chun Li in his SF 4 ending. He spots they also have the data from the base he was trying to stop Chun Li from obtaining. He comments he will meet Chun-Li again.

Balrog

Prologue:
    Working for Bison to protect the Seth clones. He's getting payed alot to do this. Figures the Seth clones are worth alot of money. Plans to pull off some sort of plot to ensure he gets even more money.

Ending: Is a continuation of his SF IV ending.
    Is seen with the kid he saved in the SF 4 ending. He is trying to figure out what the kids ability that Bison/Seth would of been interested in and thus how much money he is worth. Kid doesn't know so Balrog thinks he is worthless but says to the kid he can pay him for saving him by working for him. As he carrys the kid off the kids hand begins to glow with the Shadaloo insignia.

Seth
    Prologue:
    He talks about Juri being difficult to control but as long as he can manipulate her he will keep her around.

Ending:
    He is sitting in his thrown room and tells Juri to stop hiding from him. She appears and he asks ifs she intends to overthrow him and if she does she is in for a suprise. Juri seems to back down and says she will continue to work for him as its too much fun working for him anyway.

Cody
    Prologue:
    Complains that all the work he does for good keeps putting him in jail.

Ending:
    Runs into Guy. Guy tries to convince him that there is still good in him as he keeps defeating evil people. Cody replies that they where merely in his way and that he is going back to jail where he belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

Pretty dissapointed that Gouken's ending isn't a continuation of his vanilla one. SF4 teased a massive face off between Gouken and Akuma, but it looks like we'll never get to see it happen.

So Guy x Rose eh?
    Didn't see that one coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    So Guy x Rose eh?
    Didn't see that one coming.

That's old hat, Guy already rescued her from Bison in Alpha 2 iirc (and probably carried her off into the sunset all manly like :pac:).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

They alluded to Chun Li being a lesbian?
    I remember they did the same with Zangief awhile back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Zangief's a lesbian????!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Ryu: No more talking about Satsui no Hado, I am all powerful and good and stuff. Yay!

Ah, the irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Xluna wrote: »
    They alluded to Chun Li being a lesbian?

Didn't you watch the intro?

[YURIGOGGLES]Juri's just pissed 'cause Chunners and Cammy only have eyes for each other and weren't up for a threesome.[/YURIGOGGLES] :P

I remember there were a load of Twitter accounts for SF characters.
    And Formspring.
    I asked Juri if she'd want to take Sakura to bed. Also I saw "her" in the GGPO lobby.
    Then she quit the Twittering thing. Maybe because of my Q.

Cammy is still taking Q's though, and she's bi.

Anyone know how to unlock the gallery mode so you can watch the endings and prologue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I love how for Rose's story they decided to skip the part where she dies and just have her ending set when she's basically dead. I mean, she's died or been mortally wounded in virtually all of her endings from other games so there's no point retreading old ground right?

I've only gone through it with her so far, but I'm assuming all the endings are as atrocious as hers.

Ibukis ending is sort of amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Hakan's wife? Whoa. She does not look like she's had three dozen kids (or whatever).

Advertisement