Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccum Cleaner for Dog Hairs

Options
  • 28-04-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good vaccum cleaner that will pick up dog hair!! Was thinking of either the Animal Dyson or Miele Dog one. Our house seems to be overflowing with dog hair at the moment and my current vaccum has not enough suction to pick up the hair.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Id recommend the Dyson alright. I dont have the animal one just the normal and it works perfect.

Id also recommend getting a Furminator dog comb as they are fantastic for taking out lots of the dead hair and you will notice a huge difference in the amount of hair around the place if you use it on your dogs regularly. If you are getting one, buy on ebay as they are far cheaper there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BrigR

I can recommend the Miele Cat and Dog. It does away with lots of long fluffy while cat hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Can recommend dyson animal, copes with the hairs from my 6 dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Can recommend dyson animal, copes with the hairs from my 6 dogs

This! Brilliant vaccum cleaner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

we have a cheapo Electrolux one we got in Argos and it's brilliant for dog hairs - this looks like the newer version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

I would not recommend the Dyson Animal, paid a small fortune for it and its not great at all... maybe its faulty but its not doing a great job :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

we don't have the specific dog & cat one, but we have a miele and it's absolutely brilliant at picking up the pet hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

have the dyson animal, love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

I have the Dyson Animal and i find it excellent. Have a high shedding cat and a white GSD and it gets rid of all the hair:)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

I also have the Dyson Animal and find it brilliant. So easy to empty too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

If your on a budget try Tesco for the bagless ones. I got one out of there last year got sick of buying bags for the old one & they filling up every couple of days with fuzz from the Spitz!

Think I paid €30, only fault I have with it is I have to wash the filter every couple of months other than that it picks up all the hair on the carpet or timber floor.

They also do branded ones every so often on sale to half price, Dunnes the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

tazwaz wrote: »
    have the dyson animal, love it :)
    We got it recently too. Brill if a little awkward with all the different attachments that you keep switching. Anyway you dont realise how much crap gets into your carpets and if you use it immediately after a cheaper hoover you will see how much better it is. A lot of dog hairs can get buried down into carpets, particularly if you have a deep pile. I'd recomend it and you save on bags too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I couldn't afford a dyson, so I bought a morphy richards. My carpets are a disaster, and I waste so much energy vacuuming to no effect :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

planetX wrote: »
    I couldn't afford a dyson, so I bought a morphy richards. My carpets are a disaster, and I waste so much energy vacuuming to no effect :(:(:(
    I cant afford one either but even if i could i would not spend that much on a vacum cleaner you can get industreal ones for less than that ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I have a wee Siemens one, which is great. BUT the smell from the machine is digusting. We can't get rid of it really. It helps when we change the bag, but I think it's something we're going to have to live with. Do the bagless cleaners have the odour issues too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's things you can get to put in your vaccum cleaner, like a sachet of smelly stuff, I think Glade have one, it's Lily of the Valley though and I wonder if it's any better than the bad smell!! There used to be other ones you could get but haven't found them anywhere.
    Putting tea tree oil on a piece of cotton wool & putting it into the hoover bag sometimes helps a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

olaola wrote: »
    I have a wee Siemens one, which is great. BUT the smell from the machine is digusting. We can't get rid of it really. It helps when we change the bag, but I think it's something we're going to have to live with. Do the bagless cleaners have the odour issues too?
    have you tryed changing the filter ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

have you tryed changing the filter ???

Yes, it gets changed more or less every time the bag is changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Just saw the following on Bargain Alerts

Dyson Vacuum cleaners, reduced to €140 from €400/€450 at Debenhams

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055907158

Advertisement