Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Screed

Options
  • 28-04-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi

Has anyone got any good prices for screed. I have rang around a few companies and the best I am getting is €14.50 sq/m. The screed is for underfloor heating. Some of the people I talk to tell me that 50mm is sufficent.

What about Northern Ireland. Do prices differ much.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

OllieMc wrote: »
    Hi

Has anyone got any good prices for screed. I have rang around a few companies and the best I am getting is €14.50 sq/m. The screed is for underfloor heating. Some of the people I talk to tell me that 50mm is sufficent.

What about Northern Ireland. Do prices differ much.

Regards

What do you mean by screed? Sand and Cement mix or a newer (posssibly self levelling) product

I am getting concrete floors poured next week. 30N with 10mm chip (great for storing heat with UFH) for £44/cubic metre. Sand and cement mix slightly cheaper i think.

if you are close to the border definetly worth getting a price. Be areful though, some companies don't always add the required cement. You ask for 30N and it might only be 25N. Get the concrete from a reputable company who have a good reputation, or better again, some sort of quality assurance mark.

A word of warning. If you go for a concrete mix as opposed to a sand and cement mix make sure the flooring contractors do not just 'rub up' the concrete. Not good enough, needs to be power floated.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

kboc wrote: »
    What do you mean by screed? Sand and Cement mix or a newer (posssibly self levelling) product

I am getting concrete floors poured next week. 30N with 10mm chip (great for storing heat with UFH) for £44/cubic metre. Sand and cement mix slightly cheaper i think.

if you are close to the border definetly worth getting a price. Be areful though, some companies don't always add the required cement. You ask for 30N and it might only be 25N. Get the concrete from a reputable company who have a good reputation, or better again, some sort of quality assurance mark.

A word of warning. If you go for a concrete mix as opposed to a sand and cement mix make sure the flooring contractors do not just 'rub up' the concrete. Not good enough, needs to be power floated.

Hope this helps

In Limerick, I got a 30N10 concrete 1st floor "screed" poured the other day. It cost me €63/m3 + €5/m3 for a polyfiber mix to be added which negated the need for mesh to be placed in the pour +VAT. I paid €600 for it to be poured and power floated, this is alot I know, but the lads were unbelieveably good and their standard of workmanship was much higher above the guy that I had do my ground floor (not sure what I paid him as it was an all in deal to bring me up to floor level). The finish on my 1st floor is top drawer, groundloor will need bucket loads of levelling compound.

sounds like you're looking for a self levelling liquid screed, if you clarify, you'll probably get some better advice....

• Registered Users Posts: 30 OllieMc

Yes Im not really sure what I need.

I have left only 150mm for the flooring so from talking to a few different companies the options I was given was 50mm with something like easi screed or 75mm with sand and cement.

The easi screed seems to appeal to me because I can then add more insulation.

Any taught's on this

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

definetly go with 100mm insulation and 50mm screed.

Advertisement