Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank opening times

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

they have drive through ATMs (and in some cases cash desks) in the US, it could just work here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There would not be enough demand.... They have drive tru Starbucks too :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keary79

im sorry people. im an employee with one of the banks.
    many of us good be facing redunancies in next few months not just in my bank.
    although late opening and saturday openings makes sense.. wont be happening anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Some years back I worked in a bank that opened Thursday evening until 7, waste of time! The only customers that came in were ones that could have come any time but seemed to like to wait until the last minute. We had one customer, a teacher, who left it until 5 to 7 every Thursday, wtf. Bank scrapped it after a short space of time, didnt work anywhere and before you say they should have opened Saturdays, they did that too for a while in specific areas. Turns out people dont want to bank on Saturday morning, offices were generally very quiet, would have been more demand for Saturday afternoon opening so maybe thats the next thing that should be tried. To be honest I never minded working the odd hours, it meant you could get time off other days, I find it hard to get to other businesses that are open normal 9 -5 hours when I work same hours.

Advertisement