Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viewing Pictures

• 28-04-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Defo didnt know where to post this so please move if in the wrong place :)

When Im on Boards i cant see many pictures, 90% have this StMarysPlaceNorthHotel020209.jpg ( in case you cant see it, its a red X in a square, within a larger square! ) in its place? I also cant see people sigs or any pix they might have beside their user name?:confused:

Dont know anything about computers so I wondering if i have a " pix filter" or somthing turned off ?!!? :o

Thanks a million

Gaz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

What internet browser are you using and what version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I can see your picture fine. And it's pretty big.

In work if a site a pic is linked from is banned then you get the red x. At home it really shouldn't happen. Is there a yellow bar across the top of your browser asking to run or install an active x or java application? This could be what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    What internet browser are you using and what version?

how would i find out ?

NothingMan wrote: »
    I can see your picture fine. And it's pretty big.

In work if a site a pic is linked from is banned then you get the red x. At home it really shouldn't happen. Is there a yellow bar across the top of your browser asking to run or install an active x or java application? This could be what you need.

no yellow bar. there is a icon saying "7 blocked" but when i click it, it just says "pop ups ok" but i still cant see pix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Maybe your browser is set to not display images?

• Advertisement

so can i change that?

You can, but you don't seem to know which browser you are using.If it has a menu bar, look for Tools/Options/Preferences or something with a similar title

yea, have Tools - internet options, then 7 tabs General - Advance. Its a work computer so id say its pretty recent Windows. Bloke beside me can see the pix !

Sounds like IE. Try the Advanced tab, look for Multimedia section, find Show Pictures check box. Check it ! Then OK or Apply etc

they are all ticked except " show image download placeholder":confused:

• Advertisement

Same as IE here then (which works). I think 'show image download placeholder' is the bit with the red X, showing there an image, when its unavailable or not downloaded yet. I can't think or anything else offhand, is it just boards.ie pages ?

On both PC's go to tools - options - Connections tab - Lan settings and see if his proxy is different to yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

click on Help on the top toolbar and then 'About' (internet explorer/mozilla firefox or whatever and you'll get the version details there)

NothingMan wrote: »
    On both PC's go to tools - options - Connections tab - Lan settings and see if his proxy is different to yours.

In the Proxy box, two boxes are ticked and it also says www-proxy and port 8080 :confused:

danjo-xx wrote: »
    click on Help on the top toolbar and then 'About' (internet explorer/mozilla firefox or whatever and you'll get the version details there)

Internet Explorer 7 Version 7.0

cheers lads :o

gaz wac wrote: »
    In the Proxy box, two boxes are ticked and it also says www-proxy and port 8080 :confused:

If they're both the same then i'm all out of ideas.

ok, figured it out !! pictures are from photobucket ( rightclicked and properties) and it is barred in work :(

thanks for all your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

ok, figured it out !! pictures are from photobucket ( rightclicked and properties) and it is barred in work :(

thanks for all your help

thought you said your workmate was able to view them?

he can! he can also see the pix and signatures :( do they block each computer or can they do them all from IT? we both went into same thread, im bloked, he is not, so thats when we saw photobucket. We can both get into pix.ie and some other pix sites but I cant get into photobucket.

he can! he can also see the pix and signatures :( do they block each computer or can they do them all from IT? we both went into same thread, im bloked, he is not, so thats when we saw photobucket. We can both get into pix.ie and some other pix sites but I cant get into photobucket.

You siad you both have the same proxy so unless he has been given an exception on the proxy server i'm not sure why he isn't blocked.

• Advertisement

sorry, i didnt check his proxy...hold on.... ok he has what i think is a IP address where i have www-proxy ?!?!? is that it?

sorry, i didnt check his proxy...hold on.... ok he has what i think is a IP address where i have www-proxy ?!?!? is that it?

That would be it. You're IT people probably want everyone on your proxy.

If you change yours to match his. So put that IP address in instead of www-proxy and change the port if it's different and you should have the same access.

na, ill leave it !! its a work computer so dont want to start breaking the rules !!!

but at least i know now...cheers :)

na, ill leave it !! its a work computer so dont want to start breaking the rules !!!

but at least i know now...cheers :)

Rules are made to be broken. Go on, stick it to the man, rage against the machine!!!!*

*NothingMan is not responsible for any disciplinary procedures taken against gaz wac as a result of following NothingMan's advice.

Seriously though, I wouldn't say it's a big deal. You could say you were having trouble with a web site and you saw your proxy server was different to others so you changed it. No harm.

Hi lads,

OP here again, just another question re: pix? im on the laptop at home and i cant see some pix. i cant seem to copy and paste the icon im getting instead of the pix but its a little square, with a red box, green triangle and a blue box :confused:

it happens to every pix on this page http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055259806&page=225

hope you can help

Cheers

Advertisement