Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small town in Ireland with summer festival

• 28-04-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a small town/village festival in ireland in June/early July?

I'm looking for somewhere where there'll be a bit of craic, a small traditional music festival or something, horse races maybe, a small down with <10 pubs would do nicely.

I did see some beac horse racing in the west of ireland somewhere but I don't know when or where.

It's for a stag of about 10 lads in their mid to late thirties.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Healyfest in Ballycastle in Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

that's the type of thing I'm looking for thanks. August is no good though.

Anything else out there?
    also something that might not attract teenagers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Knockanstockan?

now that's a new one to me. I'll look into it thanks alot.

Anything else for the over 30s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Bellewstown Races
    Laytown Races
    Clogherhead Prawn Featival

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Kilkenny for the Cat Laughs. And I'm not saying that just becuase I live there!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭triny

Bundoran Sea Sessions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭crushproof

Rory Gallagher Festival in Ballyshannon, great craic and always great weather!
    www.goingtomyhometown.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Strawberry Fair in Enniscorthy. Music & Craic

http://www.wexfordstrawberryfestival.com/

• Advertisement

thanks for all the responses.

The party has been narrowed down to the first 3 weeks in July.

Some good ideas out there, stuff I've never heard of.

keep them coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

last June bank holiday weekend i drove through a little village outside killorgan in Kerry called Milltown, that weekent this village was hosting the 'world bodhran championships' in reality this consisted of hundreds of people out on the street boozing and dancing away and there was an open air stage with a band giving it socks, drove back a few days later and they were still at it!

great craic for a random weekend i'd say

http://www.worldbodhranchampionships.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Would highly recommend the Willie Clancy festival in Miltown-Malbay in Clare, on at the start of July. Lots of boozing and trad music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pump it

oxygen in punchestown. there is a few towns around. there is ballymore eustace, blessington and of course naas. lots of pubs in blessington and also a leisure centre where you can rent a house for a night or two.

it does be a good laugh and intresting. ha. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim!!
    What's in Drumshabo?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,090 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

MJRS wrote: »
    What's in Drumshabo?! :p

"The award winning Joe Mooney Summer School of traditional Irish music, song and dance is held the third week of July every year in Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim."

http://www.joemooneysummerschool.com/

Like a small version of the week in Miltown-Malby.

Not sure it's what I'd recommend for a stag though, unless they're into ITM.

Advertisement