Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Licence - Tax Office - Identification

Options
  • 28-04-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I've done up my driver's licence (duplicate) application and when looking up the DCC website for the address for the motor tax office (off Queen St., D. 7) I noticed that they specify to include an original form of identification (passport/national identity/immigration card). This seems to be additional to that listed on the D.800 form itself.

I don't fancy posting mine away, especially with the 70,000 people now waiting if something happens and it gets lost.

So the question is, has anyone reading had a duplicate (or new) licence issued by this office and, if so, did they insist on seeing the extra identification?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

backboiler wrote: »
    I've done up my driver's licence (duplicate) application and when looking up the DCC website for the address for the motor tax office (off Queen St., D. 7) I noticed that they specify to include an original form of identification (passport/national identity/immigration card). This seems to be additional to that listed on the D.800 form itself.

I don't fancy posting mine away, especially with the 70,000 people now waiting if something happens and it gets lost.

So the question is, has anyone reading had a duplicate (or new) licence issued by this office and, if so, did they insist on seeing the extra identification?

They will insist on an original. If you're worried maybe send it registered? They registered post passports back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Are you based in Dublin? Why not head in in person, it's only up in Smithfield. That's what I did, becuse I really didn't want to send off my passport either. The queues are normally alright provided you don't go in the first few days of the month - it's normally mad busy with people trying to renew their tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

Yeah, Dublin based alright but
    9.30am to 3.30pm. Monday to Friday.
    is not suitable for anyone that's still in a job and trying to keep it.

I suppose I'll just have to chance it in the post so.

Thanks for the comments both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

backboiler wrote: »
    is not suitable for anyone that's still in a job and trying to keep it

Ah yes, I had to take half an annual leave day to drop mine in which was pretty lame alright

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭William72

cosmic wrote: »
    Ah yes, I had to take half an annual leave day to drop mine in which was pretty lame alright

was lucky to be able to duck out for an hour to do mine but those hours of business are a disgrace - 3.30?? FFS

• Advertisement
Advertisement