Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing logs?

Options
  • 28-04-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Recently I've found myself checking out some of the various reading logs in the literature section for interesting books and it got me thinking that maybe we could do something similar here.

Don't mean a separate subforum as the place is quiet enough as is, just a couple threads where people keep track of which horror flick they've recently watched and their thoughts on it. Keeping other users comments to a minimum so the threads don't get de-railed. Instead new threads get created on movies that are highlighted (for good or bad reasons!) in the viewing log threads.

Might lead to others finding interesting movies that they'd otherwise never heard of and hopefully a bit of discussion.

What do my fellow zombie Nazi's think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

im not 100% sure what you are getting at here.
    Do you mean a "Recently Viewed" thread?

For example.....

RECENTLY VIEWED.....
    Spooky Donkey: " the other day i watehed Nazi Zombies, it was bleedin deadly "

then

Mud Skipper: " I saw My bloody valentine, it was bloody brutal "

and so on?

and some one posts well i disagree and I just delete that post?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

that could work too, replies should be mini-reviews tho, not just brilliant or brutal, etc

was thinking more like the reading logs as they are (example here) and here

from the reading log charter (adapted to horror boards :-P)

Forum Charter - Reading Horror Logs
    The Horror Logs will inherit the same rules as the Literature Zombie forum
    • no abuse
    • no muppetry
    • no book entrails throwing
    • ... and definetly no food and drink eating brains in the building at any time

You can use the Reading Viewing Logs forum to record what horrors you are viewing / reading over the course corpse of months and years, with a few notes on what you think.

This is mainly a personal log, as a way of keeping tabs on what you are reading/viewing. Comments and questions from others are allowed. Please try and keep it relevant.

If a particular poster has good / similar taste to yourself, you can check out their previous reads.

Now, hush kill zombies please.

*Hope the above explains my idea bit better :-)

yes I had a look at them reading logs threads there now and I see what your getting at. Made me smile when I read cruently reading XXXX planing to read XXXX as that is often my case with movies. I start a film late one night fall asleep and then watch the 2nd half the following night. So currently watching part could apply to me :) But no I wouldent bother doing that.

Still its a good idea as I often watch films myself in a different order that others. Ive often seen a film 6 months after there has been a thread on here about and im just too late to the party to offer my 5 cents worth. Like wise I often see a new horror in the cinema and there is no mention of it here and I wonder if I should start a thread, even if it was a bad film.

Anyway I think this could work for sure if you want to kick it off fire away if I dont beat you to it. Im off to see Iorn Man 2 tonight so dont expect a review of that on here. I am planing to watch Legion over the next few days but im not sure its really a horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yeah I put forward the idea on the forum request page a few months ago for a general film logs subforum but there was little support. Havent been watching much recently so would like something like that to get me watching stuff again. Works great with my reading

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cool idea.Ive been doing alot of catching up on horror stuff lately from the obscure like Mother of Tears,to the very obscure like Maskhead to the completly out there like Torched.

I will do some mini reviews of what Ive watched lately this weekend.

glad to see people like the idea and look forward to seeing others viewing habits, never even heard of maskhead. See it's working already :)

I hope to start my thread tomorrow, with 3 that I caught by chance this week. Have to warn you tho, it ain't gonna be pretty. One soso one, one awful one (sorry jessica) and one so bad it was actually good fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Fantastic idea. I won't be participating until after exams but I look forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Excellent idea and I have just received a Cliver Barker boxset in the post to get me started..

What's in the Box Set? Wouldnt mind getting my paws on one too.... as he is one of my fav authors :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Unfortunatly the vast majority of CB adaptations (with the exception of Nightbreed and of course Hellraiser) that Ive seen have reeked of ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

MudSkipper wrote: »
    What's in the Box Set? Wouldnt mind getting my paws on one too.... as he is one of my fav authors :)

Box set contains: Dread, The Midnight Meat Train and Book of Blood. Got in on offer, had already seen The Midnight Meat Train and thought it was just okay. More interested in seeing Dread and what they done with Book of Blood as I really loved that short story (and it got a good rating on Rottentomatoes). Would love to see The Yattering and Jack brought to the silver screen!..

http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/clive-barker-collection/dp/8738693#bc=6bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Ooopsss........noticed the comment about people not posting in others viewing logs. something I've been guilty of doing to otis and mbv's logs, better stop that so. :o

There's a discussion thread somewhere, but think it's fallen off the page :p

Jeez; looking at top of this thread, it's been over a year :eek: since started this :D

Why not start your own as well?? I keep adding stuff to my to watch pile by reading others reviews :-)

SteoL wrote: »
    Ooopsss........noticed the comment about people not posting in others viewing logs. something I've been guilty of doing to otis and mbv's logs, better stop that so. :o

Well I supose I could go deleting them but sure ill just leave it as is..

Advertisement