Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tori Amos Iveagh Gardens

Options
  • 28-04-2010 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Anone know what the story is with gigs here? any gigs I've been to in Iveagh gardens before were in Spiegeltent. Will it be a Spiegel setup or outdoors??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Apparently, it's outdoors.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

is she bringing a full band/session players with her? I wonder does Matt Chamberlain still play for her..

It's solo.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

What's the setup like? Just a casual outdoorsy thing? Hope it doesn't rain!

It may not rain, but it might snow cherries from France. :D

(I'll get me coat...)

• Advertisement

It may not rain, but it might snow cherries from France. :D

(I'll get me coat...)

:D

I'm really excited about this now! Tori and a piano and Iveagh Gardens, could there be a nicer way to spend a summer evening? Do you reckon there will be a bar type place with food/drinks, or if they'll turn a blind eye to us bringing our own?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wish I had money for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NDC

meh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sarah_lennon

Anyone know what time it starts at? It says 6:30 which seems a little early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Hi Sarah,
    I'm heading to this too. I'm coming down from Belfast though, so I'd be keen to find out the stage times too!
    Anybody else heading to this?

Hi Guys,
    When a gig is on at Iveagh Gardens, is the entrance on Harcourt Street or Earlsfort Terrace?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Reoil wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    When a gig is on at Iveagh Gardens, is the entrance on Harcourt Street or Earlsfort Terrace?

Cheers!

It's usually via Harcourt Street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The stage times are:

Doors: 6:30pm
    Our Little Secrets: 7:45pm
    Tori Amos: 8.45pm

See http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/551/105 for more details.

cant sell em here, but how much are they at face value anyway?

so tempted, damn you boards rules :pac:

ye sure, and ill think about it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

What did people think of the gig....? ....great setting.....blue skies, great venue....first concert I've ever been at that had tons of room at the front..
    ..she played her heart out....still.....felt somthing was missing.....(besides Cornflake Girl).......a lot of the crowd hung back towards the food area....bit strange paying that money then not bothering to watch...anyways,...good gig but GREAT venue...

I thought it was phenomenal. Definitely the best Tori show I've seen. A cracking set list that would have done enough to even satisfy people who drifted away after her first three albums (yes, there are people out there who fit that bill). I got the two songs I really wanted to hear - Siren and Roosterspur Bridge - and, certainly where I was up the front, a well-behaved audience. Personal Jesus/Body and Soul was killer, but my possible favourite bit was Tori forgetting the words to Horses and singing, "f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k..." I know what you mean about the crowd. It filled up by the time she came on, but looking around from where I was (second from the barrier), there was a lot of space. Plus, a decent support act and no rain. Will definitely be in my top five gigs of 2010.

Bouncing off Clouds
    Silent All These Years
    Siren
    Crucify
    Personal Jesus/Body and Soul
    Spark
    Ophelia
    Beauty of Speed
    Roosterspur Bridge
    Fire To Your Plain
    Precious Things
    Winter
    Taxi Ride
    Mother
    Beauty Queen/Horses
    Virginia
    ---
    Smells Like Teen Spirit
    Lovesong
    Cooling
    Concertina
    Take To The Sky (Russia)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Davidomalley

I was at the Tori in the iveagh gardens and I thought is was a brilliant gig in an ideal setting. I have seen Tori 6 times and this is definately the best gig since I saw her in Glasgow in the mid nintys.

She seemed in good form and sound quality was excellent. I think Tori is so much better solo and without any of the electronic backing she had in recent gigs

I ended up getting to the venue really early, so just decided to join the queue and ended up on the front row just to the right of the stage, perfect spot. I didn't make the meet and greet though, did anyone else?

I was really impressed with the sound quality and Tori's voice. There was a great moment where there was a huge gust of wind towards the stage just as Tori was playing some haunting notes (forgot which song it was) - it was really surreal, it was as if it was planned! I just wished she'd have played more of my favourites, I didn't expect Cornflake Girl or Professional Widow but I'd have liked Hey Jupiter or Raspberry Swirl, for example. She did play Spark which made me a happy camper. Perhaps I'm a bad fan, but I just haven't really liked the last few albums, or anything much in the last ten years, if I'm honest, with a few exceptions. I don't dislike most of it, but I don't think it compares to the earlier stuff.

I was delighted with the weather - I was sure it was going to rain, don't know how we got away with that. I also found it a bit odd that so many people were so far back and just chatting away, but each to their own. It is really hard to stand for that long, my back is still in bits, so I'll probably be the same next time! Overall I thought it was very good - could have been better with more audience interaction and a few more older songs and if the security guard at the front had stopped shouting into his headset and pretending to play golf with his umbrella and talking to us the entire time - I paid 45 euro to hear Tori, not him!

• Advertisement

Some photos from the gig.
    I had a photo pass, but we were only allowed to shoot for the first song from the sound desk. Not cool!

http://www.stephenlynn.co.uk/gallery/music/toriamos/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Nice pics, even if you had to take them from the sound desk. Usually, they let you take pics from just in front of the stage. I was there for the Josh Ritter gig and there seemed to be plenty of room in front of the stage for someone to take pics.

JJ wrote: »
    Nice pics, even if you had to take them from the sound desk. Usually, they let you take pics from just in front of the stage. I was there for the Josh Ritter gig and there seemed to be plenty of room in front of the stage for someone to take pics.

They were being really, really strict for some reason. The security guy at the front of the stage kept barking into his headset that there were professional photographers in the crowd not in their assigned place, and they got moved. He also told us at the front to take only a few pictures and no video. I actually didn't care because I forgot my camera and I hate people who video the whole show, but I found it a little bit OTT. There were photographers at the front of/on the stage for the support act but none for Tori.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

[quote=[Deleted User];67060068]They were being really, really strict for some reason. The security guy at the front of the stage kept barking into his headset that there were professional photographers in the crowd not in their assigned place, and they got moved. He also told us at the front to take only a few pictures and no video. I actually didn't care because I forgot my camera and I hate people who video the whole show, but I found it a little bit OTT. There were photographers at the front of/on the stage for the support act but none for Tori.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the strictness was at the artist's request. She mightn't like the distraction of photographers right in front of her.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement