Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Leader's "Pic of the week"

Options
  • 28-04-2010 2:35pm

Maybe I'm just a natural moaner, but does anyone else find that the Pic of the Week in the Drogheda Leader to be a bit on the crap side of things? :confused:

I remember the first week they started it the picture sent in was on one of the bridges in the town, looking out towards Scotch Hall/Drogheda Port. Was a really nice photograph and I thought it came out really well. I actually looked forward to the following weeks' edition.

Recently it just seems to be terrible though. Every 'pic of the week' I've seen recently has been a group photo from a million years ago. :(

I see a fair few people around the town (not loads, though, admittedly) with cameras, surely the Leader are getting some nice shots in?

I don't even think a photo of the Cable Bridge has made it in, which is probably the most photographed structure in the town.

Just wondering if I'm alone here? Would you guys not prefer to see photos that are interesting/unique or something? I always flick into the pic of the week, and I'm always disappointed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 open sesame

Yeah it is always pretty dull. Perhaps those kind of old group pictures are popular in a certain demographic - maybe they could spin it off into a "the way we were" section ( which I imagine would involve very little cost) and make the pic of the week a competition? Surely lots of creative images out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I think the idea is that they want to hear from people who know/knew the people in the pic?
    You should send in some of your one's KKV, maybe the fire station stuff would look well?

I think the idea is that they want to hear from people who know/knew the people in the pic?
    You should send in some of your one's KKV, maybe the fire station stuff would look well?

I was going to before actually. I wrote an email but I don't think I ever sent it. Must check...

EDIT: Yep, I did actually. I sent one on the 9th (April). asked them to thank the fire station for letting me take photos. Sent them this photo;

http://pix.ie/chokeslamcena/1606588/in/album/373424

Meh, more of the same this week;

29818530.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

I hate that paper...its pure skutter with no real content

• Advertisement

Ah, personally, I don't find it too bad. I mean, it is a free paper, after all. It could always improve, but for what it is...

Something different for a change;

piczj.jpg

Hopefully more like it will follow...

Meh, more of the same this week;

29818530.jpg

I wasn't going to update this again... But then I seen this weeks POTW.

Something vaguely familiar here... Hmmm...

81154504.jpg

What are they, two weeks apart?

Advertisement