Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suffocation - Whelans - Aug 22nd

Options
  • 28-04-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

yep - it's true, the night after Cannibal Corpse in the Academy DME are putting on Suffocation in Whelans - don't remember a weekend like that before - will be awesome....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Excellent! I woulda missed the gig that got cancelled so at least I'll have a chance to see them this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'm pretty surprised that there's been no mention of last weekends terrific double header of Death Metal - I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but surely more Boards Rock & Metal folk were there than just me ????
    was always gonna be difficult to pack Whelans the night after Cannibal Corpse - but Suffocation sure as hell deserve to be playing to packed venues...

anyway, Suffocation on Sunday night were once again pure class, definitely the best DM band I've ever seen and a terrific live act in general......Frank Mullen, although completely mental is a great frontman.....they lay waste to Whelans.....

a lot has to be said of the local support acts on Sunday night too, kicked off with Aethos - have to say I'd never heard the lads before, but very solid and I like the vocals......
    next up were Xenocide - blew me away, so many frontmen could learn a thing or two from the energy and enthusiasm shown here, thought they were really good, looking forward to catching them again soon.........
    Coldwar - what can I say, you know what you are going to get with them, solid as a rock......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I think the go-to is Metal Ireland for all this sort of talk (I don't mean to sound bad!).

But, yeah I went to Cannibal and unfortunately didn't have the cash to go to Suffo. Raging I missed it now cos my mate was texting me about Xenocides' antics. Him going up to the bar and dragging people in to the mosh pit. Would've loved to have been there! Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I had meant to go to Cannibal Corpse but it totally slipped my mind that it was this month (I had stupidly got it into my head that it was september:mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah Suffocation were brilliant. Had never seen them before and it was a great gig. Met them after too which was cool. I'd definitely go to see them again. They played a good bit of old stuff: Pierced from Within was excellent!!

Coldwar put on a great show as well, they sounded really good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement