Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

current location weather in desire

• 28-04-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Does this work for anyone in Ireland? It just gives my current weather location as ireland. This works on the hero on 1.5 apparently. Lists cities and towns nearest u in ireland. Just getting a general Ireland on the drsire.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Delete the widget from your homescreen (presuming clock), add it again and set the location to wherever you want and it will keep that and update it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Hmm, I'd noticed this on the unofficial 2.1 Hero builds. It seems HTC have removed functionality from the widget so that it no longer finds your location. I'm disappointed that the Desire is the same.

Then again, do we really need to know the current weather in the place we're currently in? I find looking at the sky just as good :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

Its more used so that you can show off to your friends, when its raining droplets form on your screen and gets wiped away.

That one feature has impressed the most people.

Breezer wrote: »
    Hmm, I'd noticed this on the unofficial 2.1 Hero builds. It seems HTC have removed functionality from the widget so that it no longer finds your location. I'm disappointed that the Desire is the same.

It works fine in the UK on Desire. Finds the right town or city etc. Seems to be just an Irish thing right now. No surprise really. Same with the no paid apps, and the big delay in getting 4.1.1. gmaps. We have it now but weeks after the UK. Dublin is Googles European HQ right? Show us the money google.
    Beno wrote: »
    Its more used so that you can show off to your friends, when its raining droplets form on your screen and gets wiped away.
    That one feature has impressed the most people.

HA! yeah, I noticed that too. When you unlock the phone and it shows the clouds or the rain people are mightily impressed. Ah.. .the small things.

• Advertisement

This works now!!! My current location now showing "Lucan" which is correct.
    It was correct last night at home too.

sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Still showing Ireland for me. I even opened Google maps and let it lock on my location then delete/re add widget.
    Did you gdo anything else to make this work?

image here http://i.imgur.com/OIJ4O.jpg

The only other thing I did was install a different weather app called snowstorm. It's free and very good. I did nothing else and I really don't think it's linked because the HTC updates the location now even when snowstorm is not running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

was showing Ireland for me too until today when it randomly changed to dublin :)

Working now alright, maybe took a while for my phone to update or something. Hope it updates itself now when I drive home later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Does it only give the weather for Dublin? I've set it for "my current location". Sligo comes up but no weather. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Actually scrape my last question, its working now :pac:

Edit: and its back to Ireland again. It might update itself later.

current Dublin is cloudy and 12 degrees compared to 11 for Dublin which I had saved. And as I was typing this mine changed to Ireland too and said no data available

Advertisement