Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear Factory Academy Aug 2nd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Isaacunt

Anyone know who`s supporting them??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

haven't heard anything yet.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Arkaea supporting........ lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    Arkaea supporting........ lolz
    That would be interesting to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Ooooh, awkward!

• Advertisement

this is weird being on a bank holiday no?

**** it, its gonna rule

Does anyone have any word on the support act yet? Apparently Sylosis are supporting them but this page doesn't mention the upcoming Dublin date. To be honest, I'd be happiest if there was no support and Fear Factory just played a longer set. Let Gene Hoglan blast away on a drum solo for a bit or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Malice_ wrote: »
    Apparently Sylosis are supporting them

Sylosis would make sense because they're also playing at Sonisphere on the same day as Fear Factory

And they cause this kind of carnage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sylosis would make sense because they're also playing at Sonisphere on the same day as Fear Factory

And they cause this kind of carnage

Jaysus that was a bit of an anti climax! :pac:

THIS is a pit!

But I thought Sylosis were only supporting them on their other tour dates. Not the Dublin gig!?

chin_grin wrote: »
    But I thought Sylosis were only supporting them on their other tour dates. Not the Dublin gig!?
    That's what I thought too. I guess we'll find out soon enough ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That's what I thought too. I guess we'll find out soon enough ;).

According to MySpace, you could be right, I think it might just be a local support act. Shame that for the Dublin audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cathalsmith

i think its coldwar, which is whopper in my opinion

i think its coldwar, which is whopper in my opinion
    For those of us who don't know, could you enlighten us as to what "whopper" means in the context of the sentence you posted?

For those of us who don't know, could you enlighten us as to what "whopper" means in the context of the sentence you posted?

Dublinese for "deadly", "great", etc. :pac:

EDIT: Confirmed Coldwar are supporting (from H), http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42000&start=30&sid=bb7aa5047f1f773e4b3cc8a4506ba229

chin_grin wrote: »
    Dublinese for "deadly", "great", etc. :pac:

EDIT: Confirmed Coldwar are supporting (from H), http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42000&start=30&sid=bb7aa5047f1f773e4b3cc8a4506ba229
    Thanks, I've seen whopper used to mean idiot but I didn't think that's what was meant in this case :).

Just listening to Coldwar on MySpace now. I don't think much of what I've heard so far. Dull, boring mid-tempo grunty metal. I hope they are better in a live setting. Then again, if they're not then I can always retire to the bar.
    beer_smiley.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cathalsmith

means brilliant, ah just seen other posts now, exactly what chin_grin said.

Thanks, I've seen whopper used to mean idiot but I didn't think that's what was meant in this case :).

Just listening to Coldwar on MySpace now. I don't think much of what I've heard so far. Dull, boring mid-tempo grunty metal. I hope they are better in a live setting. Then again, if they're not then I can always retire to the bar.
    beer_smiley.gif

I'm pretty biased when it comes to down tempo stuff (Down, Crowbar, etc). So I kinda like 'em. Now saying that I've never seen them live........could be the clincher!

But yeah. That sounds like a very good idea.........re alcomohol. Om nom nom!

coldwar are great, this will be the first time ive seen them without skinny though.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    coldwar are great, this will be the first time ive seen them without skinny though.
    I liked you better as Alcoholica.

:(

• Advertisement

Actually, scratch that. I prefered when your avatar was Oscar the Grouch :).
    Zombienosh wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw an RIP notice on their MySpace page. What happened to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

i could be mistaken but did Coldwar not support Sepultura and are also supporting Soulfly tomorrow night?Fair play to them

i suppose there is no chance in hell that FF will play Cyberwaste on Monday night?

Rud wrote: »
    i suppose there is no chance in hell that FF will play Cyberwaste on Monday night?
    Sadly not. I watched an interview with Burton on YouTube and he said something along the lines of Dino doesn't feel comfortable playing the stuff he didn't write. It's a pity as I'd love them to play Archetype but on the plus side at least we won't have to hear anything from Transgression.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Sadly not. I watched an interview with Burton on YouTube and he said something along the lines of Dino doesn't feel comfortable playing the stuff he didn't write. It's a pity as I'd love them to play Archetype but on the plus side at least we won't have to hear anything from Transgression.

Well that is a great shame 'cause that is my favourite ff song,alongside Damaged,but i can see where they are coming from.Plus i also think that Cyberwaste was actually wrote about Dino.Regardless of what they play it will be a great gig

Rud wrote: »
    i also think that Cyberwaste was actually wrote about Dino.
    I don't know if Cyberwaste was but I remember reading that Slave Labour was. Lines like "The infection has been removed. The soul of this machine has improved." would seem to back that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

Shame, i loved Archetype

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Tomorrow \m/

Numina wrote: »
    Tomorrow \m/
    It's today now ;).

At least I won't have to think too much about what CDs to bring in the car to listen to on the way up to and back down from the gig!

can't wait for this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Anyone one getting to the gig from Athlone and back, I`ve a friend that has no way of getting up, so if anyone know`s of anyway or even themselfs going from Athlone let me know, cheers!!

Advertisement