Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supertramp 02

Options
  • 28-04-2010 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

anybody get tickets? or know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

It's being billed as the 70-10 tour, effetively a fortieth anniversary show. I saw it was going on sale, but like the last time they played the Point, Roger Hodgson isn't with them, so - no disrespect to Rick Davies - I don't see the purpose of it. I think it's a bit over-ambitious to put them in the O2 as well. I don't dispute they have some classic tunes (and Breakfast In America is a great album), but in the current climate, I can't see it selling particularly well.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

This is the type of gig that curiosity would get the better of me IF the price was right , but at €70-odd per ticket I'll give it a miss ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson have a deal where neither will sing the songs the other wrote. So just look at the songs Hodgson wrote because you will not hear them on the night in the 02. This has put me off going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

rednik wrote: »
    Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson have a deal where neither will sing the songs the other wrote. So just look at the songs Hodgson wrote because you will not hear them on the night in the 02. This has put me off going.

I heard that although they had a deal Rick Davies didn't honour it and they are singing Roger's songs. I hope so because we got tickets.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I heard that although they had a deal Rick Davies didn't honour it and they are singing Roger's songs. I hope so because we got tickets.[/QUOT

Just watch out for the setlist from the first gig on the tour. Will be interesting to see as Hodgson has in the last couple of days asked Davies to stick to their deal.

• Advertisement

I heard that although they had a deal Rick Davies didn't honour it and they are singing Roger's songs. I hope so because we got tickets.[/QUOT

Just watch out for the setlist from the first gig on the tour. Will be interesting to see as Hodgson has in the last couple of days asked Davies to stick to their deal.
    :( I wish they'd put their differences behind them and tour together.

:( I wish they'd put their differences behind them and tour together.

Now your talking.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

well if it is a greatest hits tour you would expect to hear breakfast in america the logical song and dreamer which were written by hodgson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Davies

from reading that it seems anyone who has tickets (like myself) will hear all the classics, kinda sucks for hodgson though.

According to their website they are doing to old songs:
    http://www.supertramp.com/

I bloody hope so, was listening to some of the later songs last night....hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭Widescreen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Hodgson

According to this article Roger Hodgson is the voice of Supertramp so based on that I don't think I'll bother if he is not going to be in the band.

• Advertisement

According to their website they are doing to old songs:
    http://www.supertramp.com/

I bloody hope so, was listening to some of the later songs last night....hmmm.

i still have to listen to the later stuff, it hasnt got good reviews though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

The setlist looks good alright. One of the last bands on my list to see. The inner prog will make an appearence.

I just had a look at last nights set list from London's O2. The same as previous gigs. It looks impressive, but sadly no 'Fools Overture'. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/supertramp/2010/o2-arena-london-england-23d52823.html

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Overall a great show !
    Fabulous musicians, some good old fashioned tunes and a great crowd [ including the usual idiots who spend all evening chatting and eating their Taytos :D ]

Anybody else got the USB recording of the show ?

13 - Another Man's Woman - Supertramp - 70-10 Tour - Live in Dublin - 08.10.2010

Thanks
    Vic

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tim63

mine stops at 13 also, whats missing, great gig though, it was more of a night to soak it all in, thats another off the list, thought i wouldn't get that one....

How much was the usb? Just to be nosey.
    I didn't get to the gig, I gave my ticket to my son. He and my husband had a great time.

usb was 25, now the stranglers in sligo on friday....

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Just a bunch of incredibly talented musicians playing great tunes, no gimmicks or fireworks. Exactly how I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

tim63 wrote: »
    mine stops at 13 also, whats missing, great gig though, it was more of a night to soak it all in, thats another off the list, thought i wouldn't get that one....

ok just downloaded the encores using the code in the box : it includes all track from 14 to 20 ;)

• Advertisement

What a great night. The faint aroma of Patchouli oil and Sandlewood in the air. The appearence of many men wearing Linen Grandad shirts and Linen jackets, convivial drinks, shockingly civilised but most of all honest to goodness wonderful music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Have long being a big fan of Supertramp and Roger Hodgson has being touring this year and will be into 2011 .

The reviews on his website are very enthusiastic .

http://www.rogerhodgson.com/documents/tour.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mike1963

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Just a bunch of incredibly talented musicians playing great tunes, no gimmicks or fireworks. Exactly how I like it :D
    Agree with everything you have said, hard to get bands like them anymore, bring back Queen

Did anyone else find the voices were drowned out in places?
    Hubby said it was really hard to hear the singing where they were sitting and some muppet kept yelling 'Turn it up'.

definitely not loud enough, thought it was me being a bit deaf , at least with the usb you can turn it up, great gig though....

Advertisement