Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - worst service I have ever experienced

• 28-04-2010 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

HI All

I want to share an example of terrible, terrible customer service from Vodafone, fixed line Broadband.

Tuesday 20th April : Vodafone contact me and offered an upgrade to 7MB Broadband from the 3MB bundle we were on. I accepted.
    Wednesday 21st April: Broadband service was disconnected mid afternoon. I rang Tech Support (after several times being put through to the wrong department) to be told that the new 7MB profile had been applied and it would work in the morning.
    Thursday 22nd April: No Broadband. Spoke to customer support after being cutoff the first time I called. Told it was a problem with the line and he would look into it, it would work within an hour. It didnt. Called back and spoke to X. He told me that the line couldnt support 7MB and he would reduce the profile to 5MB and it would work by morning.
    Friday 23rd April: No Broadband. Spoke to Tech support who told me that X would ring be at 11:30 after he got in. He didnt. After 5PM I rang and got A.Another who told me that there was an exchange fault and it would work by morning.
    Saturday 24th April: No Broadband. Spoke to Tech Support again who told me that the profile change hadnt actually been applied but he would change it to 4MB and try again. It would work by Monday.
    Monday 26th April. No Broadband. Spoke to support who told me that Eircom had accidently disconnected the port and they were trying to get it sorted. It would work by morning.
    Tuesday 27th April. No Broadband. Spoke to Support. Told me that Eircom still hadnt fixed the port problem but she would raise another call to them and it would be sorted by lunchtime. It wasnt. Broadband did come back for a few hours late on Tuesday. (as a 3MB line and not the 7MB as paid for)
    Wednesday 28th April: Eircom engineer came to test the line and all was working well. He was only gone an hour when Broadband went again. Spoke to Tech Support, they now say its another Eircom fault and they will log a call.

Through all this My Vodafone page doesnt show any open incidents. Sending Tweets to Vodafone gets a reaction and to be fair one of them actually sorted a billing problem for me but the basic issue of no broadband still hasnt been solved.

I have a formal complaint raised with Comreg who will take action on Friday if this still isnt sorted.

Dealing with support is the most frustrating exercise ever, nobody can fix anything, everything seems to be blame eircom or 'wait until morning'.

I cannot wait for my contract to end with these guys so I can leave them, its the worst service I have ever experienced.

Anyone else having similar customer service issues with Vodafone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Hi there,

If you post this in the Vodafone forum I am sure the folks there can help...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

just read the threads on this board. When they blame eircom its probaly true and if you worked for eircom would you be overly bothered about fixing something for your competitor!!

I have a line fault as I write and reported it today to vodafone who... then report it to eircom.. and then I have to ring back to check with vodafone that eircom have logged the fault!! Its a total and utter joke.

we have no competition and our government are as useless etc etc.

gb--

ps what I cant figure is why BT sold out to Vodafone, they had a good service no problems so they must have made money but no one from BT has posted on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

There was a team of vodafone sales people in our estate this evening doing door to door sales of the 3,7 and 24(!!)mb broadband.Politely declined after talking to the girl for a few minutes about the products(I was slightly curious!)48:1 contention and "unlimited upload".....Anyway changed from Eirc*n to Smart about 5 months never been happier.Sorry for your troubles...never read a good post about them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    just read the threads on this board. When they blame eircom its probaly true and if you worked for eircom would you be overly bothered about fixing something for your competitor!!

I have a line fault as I write and reported it today to vodafone who... then report it to eircom.. and then I have to ring back to check with vodafone that eircom have logged the fault!! Its a total and utter joke.

we have no competition and our government are as useless etc etc.

gb--

ps what I cant figure is why BT sold out to Vodafone, they had a good service no problems so they must have made money but no one from BT has posted on here.

Well Vodafone are a customer of Eircom and as far as I know there are SLA's in place to overcome the conflict of interest in these cases. I had an experience last year where there appeared to be some sort of short on the line and I reported it to Smart on Day 1 and much to my amazement on day 2 an Eircom teccie was at the door and it was all fixed very quickly indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Dealing with support is the most frustrating exercise ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Ok I'm not sure where else to post this so I'll try here. I'm just wondering does anyone else have A LOT of problems with vodafone 'crap' broadband.

We have 3mb which is fine and when I test it I get 2.70mb download and 73ish ms ping. But often it just randmly shuts down saying there is a DSL problem and other times (like right now) it slows to a stop. I just tested my download speed and got 1.01mb. Am I the only person geting this crap service or is it a common thing?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

theShawzer wrote: »
    Ok I'm not sure where else to post this so I'll try here. I'm just wondering does anyone else have A LOT of problems with vodafone 'crap' broadband.

We have 3mb which is fine and when I test it I get 2.70mb download and 73ish ms ping. But often it just randmly shuts down saying there is a DSL problem and other times (like right now) it slows to a stop. I just tested my download speed and got 1.01mb. Am I the only person geting this crap service or is it a common thing?
    Thanks
    nah, thats not vodafone, thats just DSL in ireland and Eircon unwilling to do anything about it. I had 3Mb for a year, had 48kilobit upload max lmfao, could do absolutely nothing about it.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

Advertisement