Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish !!!!!

Options
  • 28-04-2010 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Anyone have any notes/essays on the catholic church scandal ? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

We're just doing one now (Higher Level):

Alt 1:
    Difficult past few years, scandal, loss of respect from public.

Alt 2:
    Bishops stepping down from their posts etc.

Alt 3:
    But the church was there e.g. during the famine, set up schools, hospitals etc.

Alt 4:
    Too much power - reason for what happened. Backing down on power in schools. Leaving it to the state, lay people.

Alt 5:
    Seanfhocal: Bíonn blás ar an mbeagán. People leaving the church, but those that remain are there because they want to be, not because they are forced.

Alt 6:
    Conclusion - Because the church no longer has main say in things like explaining the difference between right and wrong, people will lose their sense of right and wrong.

Hope I helped with ideas. It might take a while to post it all in Irish but the main points are there. It's pretty wasy to translate this one into Irish I think. Good luck.

P.S. I'll try to post later about Maidhc Dainín.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BarbiePink

Thank you so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 VanillaTwilight

Oh, I was thinking of doing one too! I'm hoping that it might come up in June, or do you think it is too controversial? Have your teachers advised you to study it?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

We've done a good bit on it, I know what you're saying about it being controversial, the church having a hold on some schools still but sure we'll see, as with everything else :D

Advertisement