Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Many DJ's live - The Olympia - Aug 2nd.

Options
  • 28-04-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

Just seen this on ticketmaster, cant wait! stole the show at electric picnic last yr for me. probably have to go by myself as my mates are useless but dont care-theyre that good live. tics on sale friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Good stuff, though I'm not sure if the Olympia is the right place for a dance gig. Also I can't see anything about it on ticketmaster?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

going to go to this sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Jello wrote: »
    Good stuff, though I'm not sure if the Olympia is the right place for a dance gig. Also I can't see anything about it on ticketmaster?

i just clicked on it there and it says "this event is no longer in our database", then went back to the event page and its gone?? it was definately there with tickets on sale 9am on friday.......very confused. sorry if its a false alarm but was definately up. maybe theyve taken it down to be launched at a different time?

df1985 wrote: »
    i just clicked on it there and it says "this event is no longer in our database", then went back to the event page and its gone?? it was definately there with tickets on sale 9am on friday.......very confused. sorry if its a false alarm but was definately up. maybe theyve taken it down to be launched at a different time?
    Yeah maybe, although looking at their tour dates this summer they only seem to be playing festivals, no club/arena shows. Also having it on a Monday seems a bit strange. Maybe they messed up the date/venue? Guess we'll have to wait and see...

it is a bank holiday that monday though.fingers crossed anyway.

• Advertisement

Confirmed!

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7841011&ar=2manydjs&cat=all

Tickets on sale Friday €33.60. Bit pricey but I'll deffo be going! :)

just on mcds facebook today, cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Why oh Why do they still put good dance acts in the Olympia :mad:, a few pints and a good tune from 2 many DJs and the upper circle is like the cliffs of moher on a windy day !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Wonder if they are still touring the show from last year.

penexpers wrote: »
    Wonder if they are still touring the show from last year.
    It'll be the same visual show with all the animations, set will be fairly similar too with some new Soulwax remixes thrown in.

Can't wait now, they always put on an amazing show :)

• Advertisement

Just noticed it's starting at 8pm so looks like it's not a late gig :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Jello wrote: »

Hell yeah, I was there.

Wont be able to attend the Dublin show sadly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ROTTING CHRIST

They absolutely rocked with that set at Oxegen and EP last year, but in the olympia? on a work night? It just won't be the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frankletanc

Got my tickets this morning. This is gonna be mega!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Saw them twice last year and they tore the place apart both times! (Brixton Academy and Glasto)
    They're definitely at the top of my list of acts to see again (and again) this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Anyone know if this is an over 18's gig seeing as deadmau5 wasn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

From ticketmaster: Over 18s - ID Required

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    From ticketmaster: Over 18s - ID Required
    Great, heard deadmau5 was full of kids, though 2manydjs probably wouldn't attract as many.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frankletanc

2 Many DJs are playing at the Olympia on August Bank Holiday weekend! PARTAY!!!!

€40 a ticket though :eek: It's on a Monday night so I think it's an early show too. I'll probably give this a miss, hoping to get free tickets for the Heineken gig the night before!

They're also playing Belsonic at the end of August - 2manydjs, Soulwax, Major Lazer and more for £27.50, will definitely be going up to Belfast for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 murfimurfi

They're bringing their full live festival show - it will DESTROY the Olympia!
    There already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I'm not trying to sneak them in or anything! I have a couple of French students staying with me for a couple of weeks and we were going to go to a gig while they're here. I was gonna take them to 2ManyDJs in the Olympia onthe 2nd of August. However, it's an over 18s gig. They are 16 and 17. I am 19, and I was just wondering if there's any way of, like, signing underagers in. I vaguely remember going to Muse when I was 16 and being signed in by an older person. Can you still do that? Like, would I be able to sign them in or do they even do that for underagers anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I've never been asked for ID going into the olympia, been there since I was 16. It seems they usually just have people checking ID going into each of the bars. Haven't been there in a while, so I'm not sure it's the same any more.

no offence but dont bring them, enough gigs in this country are ruined with underage at them.my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

df1985 wrote: »
    no offence but dont bring them, enough gigs in this country are ruined with underage at them.my two cents.

They're not going to be drinking or anything. I don't know how they're gonna ruin anyone's time. They look and behave a lot older than most people my age.

They're not going to be drinking or anything. I don't know how they're gonna ruin anyone's time. They look and behave a lot older than most people my age.

Just bring them, it will be grand

This is going to be an unreal gig, cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,746 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

is this sold out?? wanna go to this with a few people but couldn't find standing tix on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Does anybody know if there is any support act? Also what time do gigs normally finish in the Olympia?

Advertisement