Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fracas in Westside shopping centre

Options
  • 28-04-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

What's the story with the trouble in Westside today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Sounds like a normal shopping day on the westside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Will i ring the gardai's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

There was a suspicious device found in a car there - A Tax Disc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

dilallio wrote: »
    There was a suspicious device found in a car there - A Tax Disc :D

Good one.......

No, hold on, I forgot I'm from the Westside:mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Westside is OK. I have never had any trouble there or hear from any friends about incidents.

People make it out to be a warzone when it is a perfectly nice place. Every village or town has bad people living there.

• Advertisement

I love being a Westie, the supposed "roughness" of us sometimes is handy when dealing with some people!!!!
    Many hear your a true Westie and they back off:D

RubyBlu wrote: »
    What's the story with the trouble in Westside today?

Expand a little more on what you know OP??:confused:

Two sides of a feud bumped into each other and then people with sticks arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It was the West Westside Massive and the East Westside Massive having a showdown.

Ali+g+and+West+Staines+Massive.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Westside is OK. I have never had any trouble there or hear from any friends about incidents.

People make it out to be a warzone when it is a perfectly nice place. Every village or town has bad people living there.

I find shopping in Dunnes Westside, uhm, 'interesting', compared to shopping elsewhere in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I was shopping in Dunnes for an extra chromosome while it was going on, 2 paddy wagon's and 4 guards cars turned up in the carpark within 5 mins of it all starting, 2 of the cars blocked the entrance/exit so no one could leave for a while. Saw the Gardai remove hurley's, shovels and hammers from some of the individuals cars, there was also the odd high healed shoe strewn about the place. Apparently the women were flaking each other just as much as the men were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Svalbard wrote: »
    I find shopping in Dunnes Westside, uhm, 'interesting', compared to shopping elsewhere in the city..

I take it you're not a Galway native.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

My neighbours missus was in at Bianconi's getting a Pizza..a fight broke out in the shopping centre apparently and there was a big to do.
    No biggie.

Westside is grand. Jaysus, if we're to avoid areas where people get into aggros then we'd better not leave the house! Town is a complete no go, and in fact, lock yerself in the loo, if you don't ever fancy a row with the other half:p

Seriously, it was a big barney apparently, with some women throwing punches, but I only heard it third hand.

Have NEVER had a problem in Westside in all my years popping in to shop there. A couple of demi-celebs always seem to frequent it when I am there. Has more life than the wasteland (but better stocked) Dunnes of Knocknacarra imo;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Has anybody heard that the Westside tavern/Doc Watsons is to become a nightclub??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Has anybody heard that the Westside tavern/Doc Watsons is to become a nightclub??

The crowd that were doing it up have now pulled out and it is up for lease again. I heard so many rumours about that place from a lap dancing club to a polish bar. Looks far better than it used to though.

Are these the same people who are doing the Merlin bar aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I heard it was going to be a chain of three: the Lantern, the Merlin and Doc Whatevers ... opening "real soon".

And I heard that is was suppose to be the people that have the River Inn and Sally longs.:rolleyes: Hard to know what to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Whats wrong with the merlin exactly? i think alot of people that talk about it here have never even been in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Noel from Sally's was supposed to open it up but apparently the landlord was asking for €3,000-€4,000 a week for rent and also a €15k deposit! Shame to see it all done up and empty.

• Advertisement

Noel from Sally's was supposed to open it up but apparently the landlord was asking for €3,000-€4,000 a week for rent and also a €15k deposit! Shame to see it all done up and empty.

Yeh, the stupid rents are what closed it in the first place. Looks a lot better than it did though, but how long will that last once its open.

Sure that's crazy money!! Some People in this town still need to get real it seems:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Whats wrong with the merlin exactly? i think alot of people that talk about it here have never even been in it.

Nothing, AFAICS.

Just like Westside, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

vulcan57 wrote: »
    The crowd that were doing it up have now pulled out and it is up for lease again. I heard so many rumours about that place from a lap dancing club to a polish bar. Looks far better than it used to though.

Put in pinball machines. Galway needs a Shorty's.
    A few Daytona USA cabinets wouldn't go amiss either.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

the pub was grand it just looked **** but atmosphere was mighty in there , some laugh with all the aul timers, not liking the smart remarks about westside either tbh ya have bad eggs in every neighbourhood in Galway them people who were fighting could have came from anywhere , they were only shopping in westside

po0k wrote: »
    Put in pinball machines. Galway needs a Shorty's.
    A few Daytona USA cabinets wouldn't go amiss either.

Oh GOD Shorty's!! Best veggie chilii dogs, craic, pinball, and parties in the back room. Memories...

the pub was grand it just looked **** but atmosphere was mighty in there

And the bites you'd get you'd be scratching for days, and who could forget the toilets, YUK!

them people who were fighting could have came from anywhere , they were only shopping in westside

Really !!!! Don't think so.

That's right, forgot about the Ancient Galway Charter which dictates one must not raise fists more than one mile from your abode...
    At least they were Charter Obeying Citizens.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

vulcan57 wrote: »
    And the bites you'd get you'd be scratching for days, and who could forget the toilets, YUK!

Really !!!! Don't think so.

you know who they were??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just in case, no names nor hinting at names/individuals purleese

Advertisement