Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No unlock code for Nokia??

Options
  • 28-04-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

:( Upgraded with Meteor from Nokia N95 8g to a Desire and want to unlock the Nokia to put a different sim in........called Meteor, they said no problem, call back in an hour.Had the Nokia nearly two years btw. Gave them all details, imei etc.

Called back, and they said they cannot unlock it, there is no code. Any suggestions please as I am going to UK in two weeks and want to use both phones!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What you mean they said their is no code?

I presume you got it through them>? Have you checked that it is actually networked locked to meteor?

Worst case senario you pay 20 quid and get it unlocked yourself. Only will take 2 mins in a unlocking shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Odd isn't it?? Got the phone through Meteor. Tried to put a UK Vodafone sim and it tells me sim is invalid. Said sim works fine in another phone.....Tried an Irish sim, and comes up invalid, so I assume it is locked to Meteor. But apparently there is no code for that imei, so how would I get it unlocked elsewhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Go to any place that unlocks phones. The n95 is normally €15 or €20 to get unlocked. Im not sure of one in mullingar, but their is plenty places around the country, if you will be in galway or dublin. Or must be one in athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

dragona wrote: »
    Odd isn't it?? Got the phone through Meteor. Tried to put a UK Vodafone sim and it tells me sim is invalid. Said sim works fine in another phone.....Tried an Irish sim, and comes up invalid, so I assume it is locked to Meteor. But apparently there is no code for that imei, so how would I get it unlocked elsewhere??
    They use something called a JAF box which doesn't need a code.

They use something called a JAF box which doesn't need a code.

Ok thanks - though it pi**es me off to have to pay :( Any suggestions as to where to actually go and get it done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'd be pushing Meteor to unlock it for you. Escalate it some how. They are responsible for unlocking it for you.

I'd be pushing Meteor to unlock it for you. Escalate it some how. They are responsible for unlocking it for you.

Yep, I think I will - bloody outrageous!! Thanks;)

Advertisement