Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro exchange rate with sterling???

Options
  • 28-04-2010 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have just sold my car and need to move the few thousand euro into my sterling account. I can't decide whether to move it today or wait and see if the rate gets any better. I have been waiting for a few weeks to try and second guess the markets. The ecb rate today is EUR 1 = GBP 0.87080. It was 0.90 on the 12th march.

Do I run the risk of the euro falling against the sterling? The way Greece is going, do you think the euro will fall more?

Can anybody help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just be mindful that you will never get the benefit of the ECB rate. The Bank will also have their cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Personally I think the Euro is going to fall more against Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Madcleaner

Thanks Kristopherus. I watch the ECB rate as an indication of the bank rate. AIB were giving me 0.8531 today.

They always take a good cut. It makes you sick to think of the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AlanJ2009

If you have a couple of thousand to exchange you could maybe look at doing it in one of those "side of the road" bureau de change's on the border. They offer a rate that is normally less than one cent below what the EUR/GBP rate is trading at currently. Just a thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

with the fourth coming UK elections around the corner, and the result possibly ending in a hung parliment, this may weigh in your favour, there may be a dip in the valve of sterling, due to uncertainty in the markets....
    just a though..

• Advertisement
Advertisement