Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corkagh Park. Clondalkin

• 28-04-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭

hi.

ive just starting doing a bit of running around corkagh park on my way home in the evenings. i can do two full laps now in about 45-50 mins. does anybody know what length a lap of the park is? when i say a full lap im onbout the entire boundary of the place!!! i think im a bit hooked on running and am just half thinking of doing a 10 k or maybe the marathon later.....

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

iron man wrote: »
    hi.

ive just starting doing a bit of running around corkagh park on my way home in the evenings. i can do two full laps now in about 45-50 mins. does anybody know what length a lap of the park is? when i say a full lap im onbout the entire boundary of the place!!! i think im a bit hooked on running and am just half thinking of doing a 10 k or maybe the marathon later.....

thanks

you can use Google pedometer or map my run to measure your runs after you've done them becuase only you know what twists and turns you took. You can even choose the sattelite option in google pedometer to map paths in parks that don't show up on the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Yeah mapmyrun is your best bet on the sat view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

I occassionally run in Corcagh, when I'm in Dublin. There are so many permutations there, even when you run around the 'perimeter', that as the other posters say, mapmyrun, or other similar tools are probably your best bet. My 'perimeter' run is approx. 3.15 miles.

I like Corcagh, but I generally stay on the paths, going round the fishing pond, it comes out at approx. 2.15 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

iron man wrote: »
    hi.

thanks

If your doing the whole lap it is about 4.7 miles but there are a few places where you can miss sections or add on parts. The 4.7 miles is the longest lap I get without going into the mid section of the park again or doing double laps for the large field.

Great running there tonight :)

Advertisement