Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you L,G,B,T or other?

Options
  • 28-04-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to get an idea of what kind of people visit these boards.
    Personally, I'm a Bisexual Male.
    Out since November '09ish.

EDIT: I'm aware that transgender is not a sexuality.

What is your sexuality? 175 votes

Homosexual
    0% 0 votes
    Bisexual
    42% 74 votes
    Bicurious
    26% 47 votes
    Heterosexual
    10% 19 votes
    Other/Transgender
    20% 35 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gay female, out to most people since 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Frei

Bisexual female..

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The poll choices are a bit strange not allowing a person to identify as gay male or lesbian

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    The poll choices are a bit strange not allowing a person to identify as gay male or lesbian

Why? Homosexuality covers Lesbianism and Gay Males.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Bisexual male. Most of my friends know. Haven't told family yet but not particularly worried about that right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

This forum is going to have one hell of a sampling bias. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

gay female, out with help of daughter :p (sticking my tongue out at her btw, and not anyone here)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

Go on the bisexuals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Nebit

Gay, out since February 2009.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Gay female - out, oh I don't know - ages - maybe 30 years or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Bisexual female. i suppose i came out 12 years ago.

But you know how it goes, i told everyone i was gay for a while first, because its hard to admit you're just bisexual and get over it.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Bi
    Out since about '05....wow 5 years...what anniversary is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Homo-sex-ual, since about Feb '02.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Closeted Pervert (the pervert bit is a long story that could have it’s own thread)

Closeted Pervert (the pervert bit is a long story that could have it’s own thread)

Do tell.

Frei wrote: »
    Do tell.
    maybe later

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

maybe later
    I insist.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    I insist.
    Ok if you insist of be bareing my soul I'll stick it up as a new thread later:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

what option if you go for Transgendered ? bi /gay/straight ? thats the real question ... ahh labels everyone wants to be put in a box when we are so different ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Didn't vote cos I would never choose the word homosexual to define myself.

Gay since birth.... but realised it in 1994 :D

• Advertisement

Gay since birth.... but realised it in 1994 :D

Ironically there is a label for people who refuse to label their sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

'Bisexual' but hate labels and wouldn't ever use the word to describe myself in the real world. (Its about the person we love and not their gender) Anyway, thats a rant for another thread!
    Have known for a long time and as a child/teenager hoped it would 'go away'. Only fully accepted it in the last few months. :D

(Its about the person we love and not their gender)

There's a label for that too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    Dr. Baltar wrote: »

lol

You have a deep interest in sexual labels! Is there a label for that too?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

+1`

I'm gay not homosexual

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

What's wrong with homosexual? It is the correct scientific term.
    'Bisexual' but hate labels and wouldn't ever use the word to describe myself in the real world. (Its about the person we love and not their gender) Anyway, thats a rant for another thread!

You don't need to use labels in everyday life but they do come in handy when doing population studies. Yes it is about the person you love not their gender, but on a purely physical level as a bisexual I am saying that aside from being able to fall in love with either man/woman I find both bodies sexually attractive. There is the "Other" button if you prefer a different term or do not want to be defined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm Bisexual. I have been in relationships with both guys and girls. I don't broadcast it but I don't hide it either if people know they know if they don't then it doesn't bother me I'm just living my life as it is right now and comfortable about it.

I'm Bisexual. I have been in relationships with both guys and girls. I don't broadcast it but I don't hide it either if people know they know if they don't then it doesn't bother me I'm just living my life as it is right now and comfortable about it.

That describes me exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

If we go by dictionary definitions then I'm a pansexual female but I personally identify as bi. I don't understand why sexual labels are so rigid personally. I think whatever you choose to identify as is what you are not what the dictionary tells us we should call ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

gay male
    out about a year

Advertisement