Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NI Car Bombings - Terrorism, or Criminal Decoy?

• 28-04-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,188 ✭✭✭✭

I'll tell you right now, I think it were Terrorists. And yes, I just said 'were', as though some kind of Cowboy.

But, following on from the Politics Thread, I realize some people might think differently - that this even may be a ruse to divert attention in the Justice Department(s) away from the organized crime of some. Al Capone type stuff.

I think its crazy, as an organized criminal, to commit acts of Terrorism to cover up your other operations. And you know, risk escalations in the North; curfews; martial law; even just an increase in the number of hired police forces. None of it screams Good for Business.

What do you think? Just 32-county idealists, or the new Irish Capone, attempting to cover up a big drug shipment he was getting in the harbor that night?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Welcome to the CT forum :)
    The place where everything is a joke and nothing talked about is real.
    Now with the disclaimer out of the way il carry on.Sorry i just laugh at myself because i wouldnt even bother talking about this on the political forum.
    I would not be suprised in the least if these so called dissident attacks and terrorising was done to create more need for security.Or do all the realists out there believe the underpants bomber was coincedental aswell regarding more terror threats for security beefage?
    Was the shoe bomber in ireland too btw or some other place?
    Im losing track of all the terrorists attacking our country lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

be unusual for organised criminals to do it pretending to be part of an illegal army.. fear of retribution fromthe illegal army would be enough deterrant to make sure this not happening...

now the government(stormount) on the other hand well that i could see happening.... to increase there power....
    *** jesus i think i have been hanging around here too long to consider that*** :D

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

robtri wrote: »
    be unusual for organised criminals to do it pretending to be part of an illegal army.. fear of retribution fromthe illegal army would be enough deterrant to make sure this not happening...

now the government(stormount) on the other hand well that i could see happening.... to increase there power....
    *** jesus i think i have been hanging around here too long to consider that*** :D

Well the Organised criminals and the illegal army are one and the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

What Carry's a lighter prison sentence, Political prisoner or Terrorist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Well the Organised criminals and the illegal army are one and the same.

i would say there is a big difference.... not saying none of the boys from the army arent doing highly criminal acts.....

but they do differ from purely criminal gangs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

robtri wrote: »
    i would say there is a big difference.... not saying none of the boys from the army arent doing highly criminal acts.....

but they do differ from purely criminal gangs....

I think what he means is that the Drug Lords and the illegal army (IRA) are working together.They both profit from the drug trade dont they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I used to work with a guy in the INLA.Mad mad mad he was.Got shot a couple of times around the corner from where i lived.Amazing still survived but i did learn alot from him about the attitude of these organisations and the people in them.
    Its a very serious business and they dont do these things and take these risks for nothing.From what he told me his job after leaving prison was getting money and doing odd "jobs" if you know what i mean.General chaos seemed to be his motto.And if he made money and got some drugs along the way it was all good he said, just making up for time spent in prison.
    But i have also met people who left other political groups because the direction of that group suddenly changed off from what they had originally planned.
    Alot of the time these things happen i am very aware of these previous experiences and seriously consider it isnt just an IRA/INLA/whoever else versus administration.I see it very likely destabilization aids all outside dangerous to the republic.
    It brings a need for more army more security.
    Why would these groups who are trying to move drugs and weapons sometimes loaded with literally insane people want to bring about more army and security forces to prevent them doing what they do?

More likely to me there is a reason they do a little here a little there just keep ticking over with drugs weaps and terror.Enough to keep the presence always there over the years and when they want to turn ireland into a warzone whoever is doing this can order these militant group to cause massive chaos.Just one point of pressure they will have on the irish people terrified of all out car bombs and shootings with army trucks running all over the place searching houses.I see that as a possible reality for the future.
    Most likely we will be brought to our knees financially anyway so hopefully the bombing wont be too much needed by then.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

What Carry's a lighter prison sentence, Political prisoner or Terrorist?

Depends on the crime surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Depends on the crime surely?
    And if your a member of the freemasons:cool:

Advertisement