Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Valentia Sprint Triathlon Entries Available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭The Davestator

How much is the entry?
    depending on that, I'd be interested. (have booked a good few races)!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseve

I'm from the South Kerry area and all the places for the Valentia Triathlon were gone when I decided to enter. Would be really interested in buying one entry off you as well. How does it work, can the organisers change the names on the registeration form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mewsgirl

Hey,

I am willing to buy a place from you if available?

Thanks,

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

There are also a couple of entries up on the Limerick Tri Club Forum http://ncollins.proboards.com/index.cgi?

So, what Boardsies are doing this one?
    Any accomodation recommendations? I drove down on the Saturday Morning last year but its much too far and too winding a drive to do so.
    Anyone for an OW swim on the Friday evening before registration?

looking forward to it so I am. Hopefully weather will be better than last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

doing this one myself and looking forward to it, another chance to qualify for Budapest shotgun! I'm staying with Mary, Altazamuth House, 2 min walk from the harbour. She may be booked up. Here is a link with list of hotels/b&b's....

http://indigo.ie/~cguiney/accomodation.html

My plan was to do mainland to the island when I get down there at about 6/63.30.....that may be a bit late for you but I have to work a half day at least before I can go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

really looking forward to this now

the weather forecast is for 22 degrees on Saturday with will be polar (pardon the pun)opposites to last years storm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Going down on Thursday and staying in Waterville with wife and kids. I'd be up for a swim on Friday night if there's a few around. I assume that the mainland to island swim is tide state dependent?

Yeah it looks like it will be warm at least.. Yippee!

I'll definitely be taking a dip and I'm sure there will be a couple of us hopping in. If I get an approximate time I'll let ye know

A mate of mine is pulling out btw if anyone is looking for an entry

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseve

Yeah it looks like it will be warm at least.. Yippee!

I'll definitely be taking a dip and I'm sure there will be a couple of us hopping in. If I get an approximate time I'll let ye know

A mate of mine is pulling out btw if anyone is looking for an entry

I posted a reply to another person on another thread about purchasing their Valentia Tri entry, but if they don't get back to me soon, I'd be very interested in your friend's entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

So, what Boardsies are doing this one?
    Any accomodation recommendations? I drove down on the Saturday Morning last year but its much too far and too winding a drive to do so.
    Anyone for an OW swim on the Friday evening before registration?

looking forward to it so I am. Hopefully weather will be better than last year!

This will be my first ever tri.

We happen to have a house on the island, so accommodation is not an issue for me (but it's full already - sorry!)

As for the OW swim, might be a good idea except that I'm so slow that I'm embarrassed about it. I'm still a lousy swimmer, so much so that the missus says she won't be able to relax until the moment I'm out of the water.

• Advertisement

We happen to have a house on the island, so accommodation is not an issue for me (but it's full already - sorry!)

As for the OW swim, might be a good idea except that I'm so slow that I'm embarrassed about it. I'm still a lousy swimmer, so much so that the missus says she won't be able to relax until the moment I'm out of the water.

Thanks I'm sorted for accomodation though. You know what I felt the exact same when Caz did her first Tri a few weeks back. My heart was in my mouth, but she got through it and was smiling leaving T1.

Have you had a dip in with the wetsuit yet? If not try to get in during the week and even splash about to acclimatise a bit on Friday. Hey even if you emerge last (which I hightly doubt :rolleyes:) you will just have fun picking off the cyclists before getting back on your feet and doing your thing!

I'm hoping to meet some boardsies down there, a few of the regulars doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I would imagine the amount of people you go by on the bike and run TF will be scary, should be a very enjoyable day for you once you are out of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

catweazle wrote: »
    I would imagine the amount of people you go by on the bike and run TF will be scary, should be a very enjoyable day for you once you are out of the water

Thank you!
    Have you had a dip in with the wetsuit yet? If not try to get in during the week and even splash about to acclimatise a bit on Friday. Hey even if you emerge last (which I hightly doubt :rolleyes:) you will just have fun picking off the cyclists before getting back on your feet and doing your thing!

Thank you too. Yes, I managed to dip into the sea twice over the last week, for maybe 15-20 minutes each. It didn't do much to sooth my worries (or the Mrs TFB's fears :o) because I found it rather tough. I needed to keep telling myself to calm down and just swim steadily.

Advertisement