Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swords club league race 3 Bog of the ring

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I was going to video our own race last night with my on-board camera but I forgot it. Just way till you see my musical selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

bcmf wrote: »
    the youtube video is great but,jessus, the music sounds like something outta moonlighting or Colombo.

For the younger members of the audience Moonlighting was where Bruce Willis made his breakthrough not to mention Cybil Shephard..

I have to hold my hand up lads...I put the music to the video:o. your right ... its CRAP music!. Think I'll leave any future videos musicless...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I have to hold my hand up lads...I put the music to the video:o. your right ... its CRAP music!. Think I'll leave any future videos musicless...

No please add music, it was better than the "ahhh f**k" incident coming through loud and clear on a finish video we had a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

07Lapierre wrote: »
    At least put some good crap music on like Eye of the Tiger or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Hungrycol wrote: »
    No please add music, it was better than the "ahhh f**k" incident coming through loud and clear on a finish video we had a few years ago.

Ah no, keep the music. We can have fun guessing what you'll use and then taking the mick outta ya afterwards ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    Has there ever been a better action series than MacGyver? I think not.

You need to change your avatar ;)

selma.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No, no, no. That was pure comedy gold. Yes to music, but turn it down for moments like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Raam wrote: »
    Has there ever been a better action series than MacGyver? I think not.

Even chicks liked McGyver though probably for different reasons than I did.

Please keep the music we can have a poll on what to put each week. Safety Dance please.

At least put some good crap music on like Eye of the Tiger or something.

The problem is, for copyright reasons, you can't upload video's to youtube as they will remove any music that violates the artists coyright. The music i use is "copyright free" ( its that bad who'd want to protect it? :D).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

So its no music or (as you said) crap music.I see you dilema

So its no music or (as you said) crap music.I see you dilema

well when you put it like that....guess no music is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

I say No.

We can record songs and upload them. No copyright issue there. Possibly issues with bleeding ears.

Can change the lyrics to suit the race. Raam singing I want to break Free on the hill into Ardcath, Don't stop me now for Robfowl on his wind up to the sprint. YMCA for the Lion of Fingal at any time after his attire after the race last week.

shaungil wrote: »
    I say No.

We can record songs and upload them. No copyright issue there. Possibly issues with bleeding ears.

Can change the lyrics to suit the race. Raam singing I want to break Free on the hill into Ardcath, Don't stop me now for Robfowl on his wind up to the sprint. YMCA for the Lion of Fingal at any time after his attire after the race last week.

Naah..I'll leave out the music in future and let the whirring of the carbon wheels, the sirens on the lead car/motorbikes, and the noise of the huge crowd at the finish add to the atmosphere..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Did I see a Westernlakes jersey in the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Esroh wrote: »
    Did I see a Westernlakes jersey in the video
    You did, check out Constantin's results on swordscc.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

RobFowl wrote: »
    The living legend that is Jim Callaly has got Meath county council to fill them in.
    He was also responsible for the ones on last nights course getting filled in on time.

Is this iron clad? Cos the rain filling up some of them pot holes on this course for this evening race is going to make it pretty dangerous.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is this iron clad? Cos the rain filling up some of them pot holes on this course for this evening race is going to make it pretty dangerous.
    It was mentioned last week that the holes had been filled in on the Garristown course, although I suspect there may be some left, and those that have been repaired are probably uneven

I'm going to drive round the course before tonight's race to check it out.

There may be another shower this afternoon, but the forecast is for it to be dry later on, so hopefully racers will be able to see any residual problems ahead.

Advertisement