Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barefoot Contessa

Options
  • 28-04-2010 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Does anyone watch the barefoot contessa cookery show? I think some of her recipes look delish:P i am tempted to buy one of her books but can't decide which one:confused:
    I love that she does cocktails and table settings as well on the show:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

UGH!

All she does is make sandwiches and put 'sticks' of butter into things.

My husband doesn't let me watch it, as I end up shouting at the tv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

yeah she does seem to uses alot of butter and cream! I swear i saw her put 'a stick of butter' in her coffee!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The amount of salt and sugar she uses is shocking too! I'm all for flavour, but damn...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've been known to watch it :o

To be honest, what with all the "healthy cooking" shows, it's kind of nice to watch a cooking show with a more indulgent angle. I like Nigella for that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Op I hate americqan chefs there all crap. serosuly dont do this, I plead with you not to support this woman...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

:owell there goes that idea...:o... i have to say one thing i find off putting about the show is the fact that she seems out of breath sometimes:eek: from cooking..
    I thought some of her salads looked good though and her cocktails:o
    What book would you reccommend for healthy, tasty, easy/quick meals:confused:
    It seems most chefs are really into their butter and salt...:confused:

Advertisement