Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Audio CD? Or not?

Options
  • 28-04-2010 10:57pm

I'm looking to buy an album for my brother. I found it on eBay here. The problem is it mentions way down the page in the album notes that it is a Super Audio CD. But it looks like a dodgy copy and paste. Is there any way to tell if it is indeed a SACD? Does that mean all releases of the album are SACD? To be honest it's a present and before now I never even heard of SACD. The eBay seller isn't taking any questions either! Any help much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭WhitestBoyAlive

SACD will play on a normal CD player
    Is that your question?

Is that your question?

I guess so...however it says this in the eBay listing:
    This is a multi-channel Super Audio CD playable only on Super Audio CD players

But it will definitely play in an ordinary cd player? Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Is that your question?
    Just so that somebody is misled by this thread in the future, this statement is untrue.
    While some SACDs will play on ordinary CD players, lots don't.
    If the SACD is marked "Hybrid", it will, otherwise there is a possiblity that it won't.
    The new SHM-SACDs manufactured by Universal in Japan will not play on a regular CD player.

Advertisement