Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm in a rock 'n' roll band

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Well not me but BBC2 is on Saturday nights for 6 weeks

BBC 2
    Saturday, May 1st, 2010
    9:40pm to 10:40pm

The Singer. Episode 1
    Six-part series investigating what makes the perfect rock 'n' roll band. The exploration begins with the head, heart and voice of the group - the singer. Grabbing the glory and dodging the bottles, what drives these attention seekers, narcissists and hopefully benign dictators to shimmy to the front and lead the gang?

Should be fun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

bump tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Thanks for pointing this out. Us singers love hearing about why we are so important :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Saw an ad for it, looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Was good, even if we had to wait till 11 or something for it to start because of the bloody snooker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

mike65 wrote: »
    what drives these attention seekers, narcissists and hopefully benign dictators to shimmy to the front and lead the gang?
    LSD (Lead Singer Disease)

Good call Mike.

• Advertisement

That was fun, next week shall be better though,as the axe men cometh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Anyone know if this is repeated?

Can't find any repeat listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

mike65 wrote: »
    Can't find any repeat listed.

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

can you re-run it please, i was checking my hair in the mirror and missed it :D

• Advertisement

Final part tonight, a 2 hour live spectacular (well its live anyway) as the ultimate rock and roll band is put together via internet polling through the series with arguments from various talking heads that appeared through the series.

10pm till midnight BBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I only saw the one on bassists..... thought it was hopeless. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Yeah I noticed that some notable bassists didn't get a mention in favour of crappy ones from British indie and punk bands. Same for all of the episodes. As a guitarist I was really dissapointed by the guitarist episode, some of the "lead guitarists" on there didn't really fit that description at all. There should have been more musicians from metal bands, the series shouldn't have been so UK centric. It just reflected the usual Britsh muso journalist shtick of lets champion our favourite punk bands from 1979. I don't mind punk, just the British music press.

Advertisement