Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

settings on eircom new router24mb.only getting mx 5mb but lan is 15

Options
  • 28-04-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi,

right does anyone know what settings 2 change on the new zyxel p-660hw-t1 v3 from eircom new upgrade package 24mb (its 20122 kbps /765 kbps on the router!) they done a line test and said i would be able to recieve 24mb but thats another story. it was on 17mb so i rang them , again and they changed it.

so my prob is the most i can get on wireless is 5mb but when i have it plugged into the lan i get around 15mb. i have 3 laptops hooked up so its 5mb between them. i dont see any settings on my network card to make sure its on full duplex on the 3 laptops. there must be a setting somewhere on router. eircom have not got a clue and can't help. i have updated all the wireless cards and tried to update the firmware on router but it fails. anyone out there have an idea?

also it was lossing packets bigtime but i sussed that bit out in the nat settings by changing it to 1024 from 512. no packet loss now. any help would be very much appreciated because i'm fed up. it's going on 2 months now.

tnx boards ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Wireless connections to your router are none of eircon's business they have nothing to do with it.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭properbo

maybe so but the default setting on the new router was having serious packet loss so that is there problem. i fixed that myself. there shipping them out like that. the tech support over on there forum are so slow at replying to anything. i have hp,sony & ibm laptops here. theres no setting on network cards to change the speed. its a nmare. i was hoping it was just a setting i could change on router

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Pop over to Wireless and Dub_45 will walk you through the steps to troubleshoot your network, your packet loss is prob due to network congestion in the Wifi spectrum, are you in a built up area?

ffs i just reset to factory setting and it after changing from 20122 kbps /765 kbps to 19267 kbps /765 kbps. i don't have packet loss any more cos u need to change the setting from 512 to 1024

http://picturepush.com/public/3346866

the prob is no more than 5mb shared to all PC's

Pop over to Wireless and Dub_45 will walk you through the steps to troubleshoot your network, your packet loss is prob due to network congestion in the Wifi spectrum, are you in a built up area?

who or what is Pop over to Wireless and Dub_45 ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

properbo wrote: »
    who or what is Pop over to Wireless and Dub_45 ??

Oh the shame of it!:D

ha ha sorry dude. i didn't know what he was on about!! anyways can u help me out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

take that zyxel piece of ****e and bin it tbh, the old silver modem is much better and capable of the same speeds, i switch back after about a week of the thing needing constant reboots and performing poorly

yea i don't have that one. i have the first netopa 1. only supports 7mb. i was hoping there was a setting somewhere 2 fix the wireless. the lan says its supports 54mb but nothing for wifi. its a nmare

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moving to wireless

• Advertisement

so now it gone from:

20122 kbps /765 kbps
    19267 kbps /765 kbps
    18369 kbps /765 kbps
    when i done hard reset a couple of times (which i lost all my port forwarding again)
    it's a nmare.

WTF?

Gona get a loan of another router & see what the story is. it's still only giving me 5ish mb shared wireless and 15ismb when plugged into the lan.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement