Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Problems - Help appreciatedH

• 29-04-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi

I have 2 problems with my laptop.

1. I was on Skype last week and when I closed the application my taskbar moved to the top of the screen. Now I cannot get it cack down to the bottom again. It is very frustrating and i have tried everything i can think of control panel, properties etc but nothing has the option to change it back

2. My disk space on my (c:) is full. However it says that I have space on my (D:) and (E:) DRIVES which are also Local Disks. Is there any way that I can make space in my (C:) without damaging the performance of my computer? Otherwise it seems like I need an external hard drive?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

sillyturd wrote: »
    Hi

I have 2 problems with my laptop.

1. I was on Skype last week and when I closed the application my taskbar moved to the top of the screen. Now I cannot get it cack down to the bottom again. It is very frustrating and i have tried everything i can think of control panel, properties etc but nothing has the option to change it back

2. My disk space on my (c:) is full. However it says that I have space on my (D:) and (E:) DRIVES which are also Local Disks. Is there any way that I can make space in my (C:) without damaging the performance of my computer? Otherwise it seems like I need an external hard drive?

Thanks in advance

1) Click on, and drag, the taskbar to the bottom of the screen. That's how you normally move the taskbar.

2) You can move files from your C-drive onto your D/E-drives by opening up the D/E-drives and dragging and dropping files from your C-drive to those drives. I recommend downloading and installing a program called TeraCopy (just Google search for it) to do this as it is much faster and more reliable and less likely to crash when moving big files.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sillyturd

Legend

Thanks a million man, appreciate it. Had trid the dragging before but clearly not hard enough cause it moved now.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to comp and tech from laptops.

Advertisement