Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your graduation Song :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Ours is "True colours".....gay thing is that it's an all boys school!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

wonderwall from oasis >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

We havn't decided yet, but there was some talk of it being 'five years time' ?
    and there was mention of a few glee songs too!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Not 100% sure yet but It's looking like its going to be
    The Killers - All These Things That I've Done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Mine's going to be The Climb, not many people want it though. I'd prefer if it wasn't sung by Miley Cyrus and Joe but not much I can do about that! Can't believe this time next month i'll be finished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I thought our graduation song was awful, and it is(I can't even remember the name, its something stupid and cheesy) but thank GOD it's not a glee song, I don't think I could go to the graduation.....shudder.

I wanted 'Blackbird' by the Beatles:( instead the rest of the year chose a ****e song that I'll probably end up singing cause I'm in the choir.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

"True Colours" and "Forever Young" I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

"Here comes the BOOM!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

we got the full list yesterday, our actual graduation song is keep holdin on, but were singing lean on me and crazy world for our friend who died last year :( and we're doing that song, im just waiting for my real life tooooo begin haha, and shackles is our song that is meant to keep religion in the ceremony haha, were doin that song, higher and hgher too, theres a few more but we didnt get to keep the sheets lol

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

stand by me this song but i actually dont noe who sings it.
    what is the theme did anyone choose,ours is unique

• Advertisement

ayumi wrote: »
    what is the theme did anyone choose,ours is unique

Mine is about mountains and over coming things, fits pretty well with the song The Climb. Not det in stone yet though.

yous get a theme??:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

We have about 5, but the one I chose is Blur - To The End

Got the inspiration from the last episode of Misfits :D

Edit: Oh, and our theme is 'Stars' and reaching up to space or something like that. I wasn't really listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

reckon i'll end up playin it friend of mine told the teacher i play guitar ............ bitch:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

f0ggy92 wrote: »

reckon i'll end up playin it friend of mine told the teacher i play guitar ............ bitch:mad:

Have they not been trying to fix you since first year?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Ours was meant to be "Friends Forever" (Vitamin C), but we decided a day before the grad mass to change it, so as well as that (the teachers made us keep it), we had "The Worlds Greatest" (R Kelly).

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

we had Oasis-whatever (listen the lyrics)

Oasis - Masterplan

and..
    in five years time - Noah and the whale

we got everybody to bring in Photos they liked (but it could only include people from our year) and then we got photos of school tours and trips ect from the teachers and made a slideshow with these songs in the background. We had a meal afterwards where we had the slideshow projected on the wall and everybody got a copy of the slideshow :)

meh.. cant get them stupid youtube links to work... but do youtube them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Dont Stop Believing.. its our theme aswell!

We have loads of songs being played at our graduation..

Graduation Song, Time of Your Life, Butterfly Fly Away, Lean on Me, Stand By Me, Wonderwall..

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

we had Oasis-whatever (listen the lyrics)

Oasis - Masterplan

and..
    in five years time - Noah and the whale

:)

3 unbelievable songs, I wish our year wasn't so anti-Oasis!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Ours is

Don't stop believing glee version.

• Advertisement

^ do u go to riversdale?

I do not go there.
    But I have some mates there.

oh right just cause thats there graduation song too!!

oh right just cause thats there graduation song too!!

Lol
    how do you know.
    it's Cork girl graduation song as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 murpolopoliss

The Climb - Miley Cryus

Lol
    how do you know.
    it's Cork girl graduation song as well

cause i have a few friends who go there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

We are doing a big slide show with loads of pics from the last 6 years

Songs to the background are:
    Time of your life - Green Day
    Don't Stop Believing - JOURNEY (NOT GLEE)
    and Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's (it was our TY song, we all sang it on bus journeys and stuff. We sang it the whole way on the train to Galway from Kildare once)

I'm doing the slide show so I also plan to add in The Leaving Cert Song - Jim Jim Nugent (look it up)

Jus looking back at the photos, we have all changed so much in so many ways over the last 6 years, and while I can wait to go to college and stuff, I'm really gonna miss the place:(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

My wish by rascal something or other.. it's simply awful! :(

dannym08 wrote: »
    We are doing a big slide show with loads of pics from the last 6 years

Songs to the background are:
    Time of your life - Green Day
    Don't Stop Believing - JOURNEY (NOT GLEE)
    and Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's (it was our TY song, we all sang it on bus journeys and stuff. We sang it the whole way on the train to Galway from Kildare once)

I'm doing the slide show so I also plan to add in The Leaving Cert Song - Jim Jim Nugent (look it up)

Jus looking back at the photos, we have all changed so much in so many ways over the last 6 years, and while I can wait to go to college and stuff, I'm really gonna miss the place:(

we do this is my school too, but as well as all the pictures we have a slide show of every single person in the year, a photo from when we came into the school, then a video straight after of us getting our sixth year photos taken. I know what u mean about changing, we've all changed so much, but we're all still as tight as ever, thats one thing thats always been said about our year group, even though there are over 200 of us, we look out for eachother.

• Advertisement

I think it happens in mine aswel. On graduation day we all gather in the hall and look at pictures and videos from throughout the years. I'm pretty sure the whole hall will be in floods!
    On topic the climb was chosen as my graduation song today..

Advertisement