Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your graduation Song :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

The date for our grad mass was chosen for us, we had no say, and when the whole year (c.70 ppl) approached the principal to change it he wouldnt even listen to us.

Anyone else have that kind of problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

We have a vote in our song and I really like the Idea of Take That, Never Forget but I think some other ones I've seen here are deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Graduation song? Never heard of one of those. Sounds a bit strange to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

The date for our grad mass was chosen for us, we had no say, and when the whole year (c.70 ppl) approached the principal to change it he wouldnt even listen to us.

My religion teacher is organising it all and told us when the mass was, then changed it after my parents had taken the day off. Not much I could do about it tbh. No-one had a say in the date but I don't think anyone really minded. Maybe you could ask one of your teachers to have a word with the principal, explain the reasons why you want to change it. That could help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Thankfully we were allowed to change our graduation song to anything we liked rather than Lean On Me. I suggested we do Hey Jude but to no avail:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Cook!eMonster are you a Coolminer by anychance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Kersmash wrote: »
    Graduation song? Never heard of one of those. Sounds a bit strange to me!

Surely you heard of this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPRh_ly6JM

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I hate Vitamin C - The Graduation Song, it's so cliché and it's also awful to listen to. It would make a terrible Graduation Song

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

3 unbelievable songs, I wish our year wasn't so anti-Oasis!:mad:

+1. I tried to get "Talk Tonight" for our grad. song.

If our principal had even tried to get us to go to a mass there would have been a revolt. Is the mass compulsory?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Most possibly, sure most people in your year will be catholic or christian..or say they are.

Don't kick a fuss about it, if your not religious just go, sit through it and don't take the communion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

We're having a serious mass thingy in a church, and then going back to the school to get "class rings"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Class rings sound brillant! In my school we go to the Assembly hall, look at pics, people give speeches etc. Next parents, teachers and students go to mass and after that back up to the school for food. Then everyone goes home, gets changed and to the local to have a bit of fun with the teachers and then out for the night :D Should be pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 blah161

we are doing "we're alright" by supergrass. Its cliche and crap. We all wanted to do "faith" by george michael but the teachers wouldnt let us on account of the first lines "oh i guess it would be nice, if i could touch your body, i know not everybody has got a body like you..."

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

blah161 wrote: »
    we are doing "we're alright" by supergrass. Its cliche and crap. We all wanted to do "faith" by george michael but the teachers wouldnt let us on account of the first lines "oh i guess it would be nice, if i could touch your body, i know not everybody has got a body like you..."

that's a bit stupid. When we were in TY, one of the scenes in our show was 3 girls giving 3 lads a lap dance (wasnt just random, it fitted into the storyline). Now that, I could understand being banned for being inappropriate, but banning Faith is just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

Yes! our chaplin picked ours and nodody knows it and nobody wants it. some country music song... it's simply so cheesy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Then everyone goes home, gets changed and to the local to have a bit of fun with the teachers and then out for the night :D Should be pretty good.

Pretty much the same in our school. The only thing I'm worried is saying soemthing I'll live to regret to a teacher :).

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

A handful of us (all the musicians who would be willing to play it) were the ones to decide. We had a Woody Guthrie song, a Dolly Parton song (sadly, it was also a guy who picked this), some other random song, and because of much pressure from me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkTQUtx818w

Not much can top Freebird as a grad song! :D

Advertisement