Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire Unlocked

Options
  • 29-04-2010 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Anyone know the cheapest place online? eBay will cost me around the 460 mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

You'll get it on Pixmania for 442 by adding a cable for €1 to bring it up to 450 and using discount code PIXAPRILIE17

thats including delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Declan Carey

They're gone up to 499 now. Doh!, snooze & lose.

Anyone got any more online bargains for this? I'm ready to buy! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It's €419.99 on Vodafone Prepay. Vodafone's Desires are unbranded and unlocked (at least they have been so far).

Excellent! Do I have any come-back if my Meteor sim doesnt work on it, or if its branded to Vodafone?

• Advertisement

Excellent! Do I have any come-back if my Meteor sim doesnt work on it, or if its branded to Vodafone?

I doubt it. As I said, so far they've been unbranded and unlocked. You should ask on the Android forum - plenty of experts there.

It's Here for €399 on switch network. I'll just just use a dud number to switch. And they've a 7 day money back guarantee. Worth a shot methinks!

A dud number won't work.

Well I mean an unused Meteor SIM i have lying around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its €399 on o2 pay as you go anyway

• Advertisement

Apparently O2 phones are locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Whats the deal with Vodafone switch? Do you have to switch a different networks number over to Vodafone to get the advertised deal or something?

I have an O2 pre pay sim that I've used a lot up until now (recently got a Meteor sim).

On the linked page it says "also includes €30 off when buying online" does that mean it's 369?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Cianos wrote: »
    On the linked page it says "also includes €30 off when buying online" does that mean it's 369?
    I presume that 'includes' means that the discount is already included, and that the in-shops price is €429. Anyone find any cheaper prices?

Yup 399 seems to be the cheapest. To get that all you gotta do is get a free SIM from Meteor from their website then change to Vodafone using the new number. Then when the Vodafone phone arrives, it should be unlocked and my old Meteor SIM should work. That's my plan anyway!

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

It's €419.99 on Vodafone Prepay. Vodafone's Desires are unbranded and unlocked (at least they have been so far).
    I heard they wern't unlocked.

AFAIK meteors ones are unlocked, but who knows for sure.

Would glady part with 400euro for one if I knew it was unlocked. 460-500Euro seems to be the going rate on eBay.

I heard they wern't unlocked.

AFAIK meteors ones are unlocked, but who knows for sure.

Well I know for sure that the phone I got from Vodafone was unbranded and unlocked.

I might be stating the obvious here but...

walk into a shop and ask them. It's not f***ing rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Well I know for sure that the phone I got from Vodafone was unbranded and unlocked.

I was in O2 in Rathmines and Vodafone on Grafton St. today and they both said their Desires are locked. I said that I read that they weren't but they dismissed that. They may be wrong still but I wouldn't count on it unless you had a way of telling so beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Even if they are unlocked Vodafone sales people should be saying that they are locked so that people from other networks don't just buy the discounted phones to use on other networks, so going into shop and asking won't prove anything

It's possible that the early phones were unlocked and that they've begun locking them now I suppose.

• Advertisement

I have a desire reserved in an O2 shop for tomorrow (they wouldn't let me pick it up today?!). So if you can wait until tomorrow evening, I should be able to try one of the kids sims, and let you know if it's locked.

I have a desire reserved in an O2 shop for tomorrow (they wouldn't let me pick it up today?!). So if you can wait until tomorrow evening, I should be able to try one of the kids sims, and let you know if it's locked.
    I look forward to it! :)

Vodafone have a handy solution (gave them a call).

You can buy the phone, and all you need then is someone else who has been on Vodafone to ring up and get an unlock code provided that:

1. They've topped up by 127euro in the last 6 months.
    2. They haven't got another unlock code recently (they're top-up "counter" goes back to zero if they have unlocked another phone).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Vodafone Desires have all been unbranded so far*

Phones may be branded as well as unbranded, past performance is not necessarily a gauge of future unbrandedness.

Hmm.. So, should I take a chance and get a Vodaphone unbranded Desire, delivered to my workplace the next day, or travel 20 miles to an O2 store, and get a locked phone that I know will work for me for the same price?

Is the o2 phone branded and locked? i.e. custom O2 themes/apps/crap?

By the way, don't look here, it will make you sick.

I told you not to look. :)

Hmm.. So, should I take a chance and get a Vodaphone unbranded Desire, delivered to my workplace the next day, or travel 20 miles to an O2 store, and get a locked phone that I know will work for me for the same price?

Is the o2 phone branded and locked? i.e. custom O2 themes/apps/crap?
    Well from what I gather, if you know someone on Vodafone who has fairly regular top-ups (20 a month for 6 months) then your sorted. All you gotta do is get them to ring up, give the IMEI of the Desire and they'll get an unlock code for you + instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

By the way, don't look here, it will make you sick.

I told you not to look. :)
    £480-£600 :eek: €400 looks good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Just got my desire from vodafone online. It comes in the normal HTC box no vodafone branding and its unlocked. Best €400 I ever spent!

Just got my desire from vodafone online. It comes in the normal HTC box no vodafone branding and its unlocked. Best €400 I ever spent!
    Did the same last night, mine should be here tomorrow if they're next day delivery is true :)

Can't f'n wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Out of stock on that link now.

Advertisement