Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire Unlocked

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just for those still looking for one for €400, I picked up mine from the O2 shop yesterday (pre-pay). Because I'm a bill-pay customer, they insisted on giving me a new pre-pay sim (with 50c credit, whoop!). Inserted my O2 bill-pay sim, and it all works fine.

Got home, inserted my OH's Meteor bill-pay sim: works fine. So the O2 pre-pay Desires are not locked. They do have some branding (bootup/shut-down screen, but otherwise perfect). You also get a free sim with 50c credit!

Apparently O2 phones are locked.
    Apparently not, unless they have locked specific batches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Declan Carey

Apparently not, unless they have locked specific batches.
    Just got mine from Vodafone for 400, unlocked, unbranded. Couldn't be happier. Here's how I did it:

Go online on Meteor.ie and order a free PAYG SIM.
    Wait for it to arrive. Should take 2 working days.

When it arrives, go onto Vodafone's website and buy the phone using "Pre-pay Switch Network". Go through the details, when it asks for your old Meteor number, use the new SIM Meteor sent to you (you'll have to insert this into your phone for a few mins to validate you own the SIM) and that's it.

Desire arrives next day, unlocked and unbranded :) .

Ahh, but you're missing out on the 50c free credit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

Does anyone know where the best highstreet shop is to buy the phone unlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Declan Carey

igor420 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the best highstreet shop is to buy the phone unlocked?
    Vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭trant

Guys,

Could anyone that has purchased a HTC from O2 on bill pay recently confirm if they are still unlocked?

Thanks,
    Justin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Its not on the Vodefone website anymore only the HD2 is this one any good

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭trant

Don't buy the HD2. Great phone, crap OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

trant wrote: »
    Don't buy the HD2. Great phone, crap OS.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement