Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Zlatan Ibrahimovic Appreciation Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

lala88 wrote: »

When asked what he got his wife for her birthday – “"Nothing, she already has Zlatan.”

When asked “Who is the best looking woman in the world?” – “I don’t know, but when I find her I will date her.”

A female reporter joked that Zlatan was gay due to a photo of him hugging Pique. He replied - "Come to my house and you'll see if I'm gay. And bring your sister".

Legend!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

from reading the above he sounds like a right knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

He's a bit of a twat alright, he's defo not in the Roy Keane mindset of footballers. He views himself as like a movie star :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah he sounds like a knob but a funny one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

He always had the ability but the wrong attitude. It's like he has grown up in the last year. He has been excellent since the Euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It seemed to be a British media thing to always slag him off.

Lets hope that shut them up tonight.

Good player, but not great player.

Do not mind holding my hand up. I still could think of better players in his position, but in last year I have seen him I have to say I have been very impressed.

But to the people loading it on cause they got it right about him few years ago. I hope you wont mid me coming back in few years and quoting your post when you get something wrong. I will be watching every move:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

I'm not a fan of his on or off the pitch .

Never took a shine to him.

Don't know what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah he sounds like a knob but a funny one!

I love the video of him doing an interview and it being interrupted as he has to attend training
    Its ok, I say when training starts

I think hes great, simply cause he has the ability to back it all up

And last night from twitter

At 2-1
    England fans chanting " Zlatan is only a **** Andy Caroll

At 4-2
    England fans feeling a bit silly, a small quartet singing " Zlatan I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Swedens Dagens Nyheter newspaper gave Ibrahimovic a Rating of 6...... out of 5 Stars.

A7uM18qCMAAMnNu.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

T-K-O wrote: »
    He always had the ability but the wrong attitude. It's like he has grown up in the last year. He has been excellent since the Euros
    Ibra has generally been excellent for a long time! People read into his time at Barca too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

bhiIk.png

He's been flying under the radar with a while. He's been plying his trade with run of the mill clubs such as Ajax, Juventus, Barcelona, Inter and AC Milan for the past few years and more recently for some French club. It's good to see Ibra announce himself on the world stage just last night.

Ibra has generally been excellent for a long time! People read into his time at Barca too much.

I disagree. He has displayed great ability but he went missing for too many games.

When his club / country go down a goal that is usually his Q to hide in the corner. Like I said before I feel he has matured in recent times. He was very impressive at Euro's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Bandwagonners the lot of ye

patmac wrote: »

What are you on about, I have always maintained he is the best striker in Europe and has been for 20 years

T-K-O wrote: »
    What are you on about, I have always maintained he is the best striker in Europe and has been for 20 years

Yes he was the best around since he was 11.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

patmac wrote: »

Just got ibrahimovic on my Sweden jersey this morning

Yes he was the best around since he was 11.:p

Hook..... line.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Does his booking count in the qualifiers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,467 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

shamrock55 wrote: »
    from reading the above he sounds like a right knob

nah he's a pisstaker..the infamous interview in the first one is the height of pisstaking.
    There's no way anyone would take him as being seriously when they actually watch the interviews but of course people will just read the comments and think he's a knob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

sprinkles wrote: »
    Does his booking count in the qualifiers?

It does not. Wish it did tho. He's on a yellow now so he'd have missed the Ireland game. Sweden have Ireland then Austria then Faroes. Something tells me he'll pick up a yellow in the Austria game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I guess it was too good to be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Noticed today that the interview video (and only video I've ever uploaded to youtube, in the post above) I put up of Zlatan a few years ago has jumped up in views since the goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

here is his opinion on Beckham joining PSG.
    "Now, we're not only good, but we're handsome too"

Link

legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

If we ever do a soccer forum hall of fame, he should without doubt be the first inductee, and possibly the 2nd and 3rd also.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

I think arsenal should sign Suarez

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

real stig wrote: »
    I think arsenal should sign Suarez

I'm glad you bumped this as there has been a huge amount of off topic (he hasnt been linked there) Zlatan talk in the Arsenal thread lately but I would have expected maybe a mention of the great Mr Ibrahimovic in your post. Arsenal should sign Suarez is a nice opinion but makes no sense here.

However since its been bumped, Do people think Ibrahimovic might be on the move again now? If so where to, Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, back to Italy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Its obvious really, to Liverpool to replace Suarez.

Only option.

real stig was breaking the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

I'm glad you bumped this as there has been a huge amount of off topic (he hasnt been linked there) Zlatan talk in the Arsenal thread lately but I would have expected maybe a mention of the great Mr Ibrahimovic in your post. Arsenal should sign Suarez is a nice opinion but makes no sense here.

However since its been bumped, Do people think Ibrahimovic might be on the move again now? If so where to, Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal, back to Italy?

I'd imagine Italy would be his first choice but nobody could afford his wages, although Napoli would be a slight possibility.

Madrid or Chelsea would have to be the most likely if he moved, Qwenger would probably be too stubborn to sign him as it would be like admitting he made a mistake back in 2000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'd imagine Italy would be his first choice but nobody could afford his wages, although Napoli would be a slight possibility.

Madrid or Chelsea would have to be the most likely if he moved, Qwenger would probably be too stubborn to sign him as it would be like admitting he made a mistake back in 2000

He's already said it was a mistake.

Corholio wrote: »
    He's already said it was a mistake.

Has he? I thought he said he had no regrets about not signing him at the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Has he? I thought he said he had no regrets about not signing him at the time?

Ah ya your right actually. I knew he said something about it, in fact it was that he didnt regret it.

Corholio wrote: »
    Ah ya your right actually. I knew he said something about it, in fact it was that he didnt regret it.

I was thinking :p
    Wenger can be very stubborn...
    I wonder would that influence him not signing Ibra if the opportunity arose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is Zlatan suspended for the Ireland game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ah lads, seriously, can we just agree that anyone who doesn't recognise the fact that Zlatan is world class is an idiot and move on from there?
    Goal from today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

some technique alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Have his book ready to read, looking forward to it. My brother got through it fierce quick.

Advertisement