Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh to Cork City

Options
  • 29-04-2010 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,
    Just wondering does anyone know of anybody that does a daily commute from Nenagh to Cork City? How long does it take on weekday mornings and what is the best route to take? Considering this as a Cork seems to be nearest City with any Job prospects at the mo.

Any advise appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Hi Everyone,
    Just wondering does anyone know of anybody that does a daily commute from Nenagh to Cork City? How long does it take on weekday mornings and what is the best route to take? Considering this as a Cork seems to be nearest City with any Job prospects at the mo.

Any advise appreciated. :)
    Hi
    A daily commute would be pretty much impossible IMO... It takes 2 hours whether you go via limerick or via thurles and onto the motorway... and that is the average at off peak hours... for the morning 8-9 or evening 4-6 you could add about half an hour onto that depending on whereabouts you are working in the city. What route you would take would also depend on whereabouts you are working. To be honest i think you would be much better off just moving to the city! I had to move in October because it was the only place i could get a job too!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

I drove Limerick (Dooradoyle) to UCC every morning - would leave 8.10 am and be in UCC 9.30am - had it down to a fine art! Coming from Nenagh you are looking at an extra 40 mins ish, but that will lessen somewhat when the full motorway opens soon between Nenagh and Limerick. The Thurles route would be much the same from Nenagh.

It is do-able, but whatever way you look at it, its a 4 hr round trip daily commute, plus petrol costs. Good luck op ;)

Advertisement