Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom Mail Problem

• 29-04-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been using my @eircom account with no hassle for the past few years through Thunderbird. Today I set it up on my HTC Desire smart phone to receive emails. I used the server settings pretty much as they were on Thunderbird. It was all working fine, Thunderbird and my HTC Desire both sending and receiving mails so everything was fine

Now a good few hours later after not being near a net connection, I've tried to get mail again and see there's a problem. It won't log in for me. I went to the eircom webmail page to see what the story was and I have another @eircom.net address which logged in no problem to the webmail. So I tried the one which had the problem and every time I put in the password, the page it loaded just blanked out and got the FireFox page can not be displayed white box on grey background. I tried change password (I just changed it to the same password) and still no luck. I tried a password I knew was wrong and it brought me back to the login screen saying the password was wrong as opposed to the blank firefox screen when I tried the right password.

Has anyone any idea what's going on here? Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Seems to have fixed itself now :)

Strange, it's started happening again :confused:

One @eircom.net address I have is logging in fine on the webmail site, the other, which I use with thunderbird and my HTC Desire phone, won't log in and returns a server error on the phone, thunderbird and webmail site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

I am having problems with my eircom mail at the moment since this morning.
    Cant get it through thunderbird and when I try to login to the email through eircom.net it says page cannot be displayed.Maybe it is an issue with their email servers.

Glad to hear it's not just me, again mine is ok now but even when it wasn't ok, another @eircom address was fine, so maybe just different servers and they are having trouble with one.

Advertisement