Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia unlocking with o2

Options
  • 29-04-2010 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm currently in the process of unlocking my phone (Nokia 5130 XM) that is locked to 02. I requested the unlock code for it on Monday, got a text yesterday stating they couldnt get the unlock code for IMEI of the phone and will contact Nokia.

My question is, did this ever happen to anyone else? And how long will the code take? Need the phone unlocked asap :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

PM the IMEI to me and I will have a look. Usually it takes between 24 hours to 7 days to get a nokia unlock code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

PM the IMEI to me and I will have a look. Usually it takes between 24 hours to 7 days to get a nokia unlock code.

Any luck Daryll? Thanks.

I contacted O2 in Galway on the 26/4/10 for an unlock code, its 5/5/10 now still no word back! Why not just say wont/cant back me an unlock code instead of playing me like a puppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Sorry, I was out of the office for a few days. We are waiting for it to come back from Nokia. We cannot unlock it in-house due to a problem with our machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mick104

I am also having a similiar problem with trying to get my phone unlocked with o2 (uk). they refuse to unlock it as it has not been used on their network.

How should I approach getting it unlocked to put an o2(ire) sim into the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mick104 wrote: »
    I am also having a similiar problem with trying to get my phone unlocked with o2 (uk). they refuse to unlock it as it has not been used on their network.

How should I approach getting it unlocked to put an o2(ire) sim into the phone?

What phone is it?

Davy wrote: »
    What phone is it?

it is a nokia 6300

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

mick104 wrote: »
    it is a nokia 6300

Might sound silly, but have you checked it needs to be unlocked? Often they come unlocked from the uk.

o2 here wont unlock it for you. You could go to an unlocking shop and they would do it for you on the spot. Will cost about 20 euro

Davy wrote: »
    Might sound silly, but have you checked it needs to be unlocked? Often they come unlocked from the uk.

o2 here wont unlock it for you. You could go to an unlocking shop and they would do it for you on the spot. Will cost about 20 euro

yea have tried it but no joy. yea must try taking it to an unlocking shop. Thanks Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Find one of many shops around the country that unlock phones.

But pm me the IMEI and if you cant get it sorted ill call nokia for you. (last resort) as im sure you can get this done on your own

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

mooneyd wrote: »
    Find one of many shops around the country that unlock phones.

But pm me the IMEI and if you cant get it sorted ill call nokia for you. (last resort) as im sure you can get this done on your own
    What is it that you can do with a call to Nokia that the OP can't?

The OP's get unlocking code's for the handsets they purchase from the manufacturer's
    but they cant get them for handsets that other OP's have had locked.

IE Vodafone cant ask for Unlocking codes for 02 handsets as o2 have had them locked if you get me.

But if needs be I can get the original code. (but as I said it would be my very last resort)

The OP's get unlocking code's for the handsets they purchase from the manufacturer's
    but they cant get them for handsets that other OP's have had locked.

IE Vodafone cant ask for Unlocking codes for 02 handsets as o2 have had them locked if you get me.

But if needs be I can get the original code. (but as I said it would be my very last resort)

If you could PM me Nokia's number I'd more than happy to ring myself, I just want to get this sorted so I can actually use the phone! Thanks!

Sorry donmeister it doesnt work that way. As they will only give the code to the companies who purchase the handsets from them.

But as you asked heres a number for Nokia Ireland.
    Nokia Care
    Call 1890 946 245
    Mon-Fri 9 am - 7 pm (except bank and public holidays)
    or Fax on +44 207 949 03 65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I've no idea what mooneyd is on about but 02 gave me the wrong unlock code for my 5130 and i posted it to them in Limerick and they unlocked it and sent it back free, granted you shouldnt have to do this but thats how I got sorted

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I've no idea what mooneyd is on about but 02 gave me the wrong unlock code for my 5130 and i posted it to them in Limerick and they unlocked it and sent it back free, granted you shouldnt have to do this but thats how I got sorted

What im saying is that I cant get it as quick as you guys can or the same way's but if nobody can get it I can get it directly but it takes a little longer than the call to customer care ye guys would have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

What im saying is that I cant get it as quick as you guys can or the same way's but if nobody can get it I can get it directly but it takes a little longer than the call to customer care ye guys would have to do.

I dunno, I've been selling phones a good while and have never heard of this and if it was that easy regardless of whether it takes slightly longer than a phonecall why would the networks even bother locking them, just makes no sense to me

Iv seen the odd time that o2 have the wrong unlocking codes on Amdoc and it can take some time before they get back to some customers with unlocking code's.

Im just offering that if this person cant get the code ill hunt it down is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Cleopatra_Rebel

donmeister wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm currently in the process of unlocking my phone (Nokia 5130 XM) that is locked to 02. I requested the unlock code for it on Monday, got a text yesterday stating they couldnt get the unlock code for IMEI of the phone and will contact Nokia.

My question is, did this ever happen to anyone else? And how long will the code take? Need the phone unlocked asap :(

Hey Donmeister,
    Well I had a similar problem earlier this year when I received a Vodafone Nokia phone as a present and I am an O2 customer and wanted to use my SIM card in the new phone, when I entered the SIM into the Nokia phone I needed a code i.e. IMEI code to access the phone. I contacted O2 initially which was the wrong thing to do, as they just said get onto Vodafone about it, and so I did. Explained to them that I wanted to use my O2 SIM in their Nokia phone and they said that I had to get someone who is already a customer of Vodafone to unlock it for me! So I got my friend to ring up and give up all her details etc. Vodafone got onto the Nokia manufactures and then after about 5-7 days they then texted on the IMEI unlock code for the phone to my friend’s phone (as he is a Vodafone customer) which he then sent onto me and that was it…my phone was unlocked, hope this helps! :D

Advertisement