Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abuse within a thread not dealt with.

Options
  • 29-04-2010 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I have pm'd the following thread to a Mod but nothing was done about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055896758&page=3

Forum user ''The Zohan'' made fun of my belief, I pm'd a mod of after hours but got nothing back I would like this to be dealt with.

I dont come on boards to be inundated with such stuff, I wonder if I were to make fun of someone else on boards.ie for their belief would I last very long? I dont think so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Both of you have spent considerable energies snipping at each other, the blame is shared. Both the Cmod and forum Mod have posted in thread asking you both to cut it out. That would be a very appropriate course of action to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Both of you have spent considerable energies snipping at each other, the blame is shared. Both the Cmod and forum Mod have posted in thread asking you both to cut it out. That would be a very appropriate course of action to take.

I didnt take any violent snips at him I was defending myself from him as he took it well off topic, I have printed out the thread in question, and if it has not been dealt with appropriately I will be forced to take further action.

He has singled me out, harrassed me within the thread and has added my signatures to his signatures with links attributing to defamatory pictures of my faith. Again if this is not dealt with I will take further action.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

I didnt take any violent snips at him I was defending myself from him as he took it well off topic
    I did not say violent snips.
    added my signatures to his signatures with links attributing to defamatory pictures of my faith.

This, I am happy to deal with.

I did not say violent snips.

Like I said I was defending myself from his onslaught of nasty posts directed towards me. He has obviously singled me out and there should be no tolerance of bullying on Boards.ie, But I'm assuming nothing will be done as speculation would have it he is a ''paying customer'' and gets special treatment, is that the way things are done around here on boards.ie?

This, I am happy to deal with.

Its been well over an hour since you posted this and I'm wondering why you have not dealt with it? I'm expecting a satisfactory response from the mods/staff at boards.ie but I doubt that I will recieve anything of the sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Like I said I was defending myself from his onslaught of nasty posts directed towards me. He has obviously singled me out and there should be no tolerance of bullying on Boards.ie, But I'm assuming nothing will be done as speculation would have it he is a ''paying customer'' and gets special treatment, is that the way things are done around here on boards.ie?

There is no tolerance on bullying on boards.ie and no-one gets special treatment, paying subscriber or not. I can understand that you are upset but this sort of attitude is not going to get anything done any faster nor is it going to sway the admins opinion in any favourable way (from your point of view).

Its been well over an hour since you posted this and I'm wondering why you have not dealt with it? I'm expecting a satisfactory response from the mods/staff at boards.ie but I doubt that I will recieve anything of the sort.

Mods, cmods and most admins are not paid employees, we are volunteers who have real world responsibilities and jobs/families to consider. Asiaprod has said that he will deal with it, then he will deal with it , when he gets a chance and within an acceptable timeframe.

Again, your attitude is not exactly encouraging anyone to actually help you at this point or to make the effort to see your point of view. A user was offensive to you in your opinion, no need to follow suit and start being snippy with everyone else.

Patience, its a virtue you know.

• Advertisement

There is no tolerance on bullying on boards.ie and no-one gets special treatment, paying subscriber or not. I can understand that you are upset but this sort of attitude is not going to get anything done any faster nor is it going to sway the admins opinion in any favourable way (from your point of view).

Mods, cmods and most admins are not paid employees, we are volunteers who have real world responsibilities and jobs/families to consider. Asiaprod has said that he will deal with it, then he will deal with it , when he gets a chance and within an acceptable timeframe.

Again, your attitude is not exactly encouraging anyone to actually help you at this point or to make the effort to see your point of view. A user was offensive to you in your opinion, no need to follow suit and start being snippy with everyone else.

Patience, its a virtue you know.

I have contacted/pm'd the communications manager from Boards.ie regarding this ongoing harassment and bullying and will take it from there, however, I would like to reiterate that if this matter is not dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner I will be taking it to the proper authorities where I am protected under law of the Equal status act 2000.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

I have contacted/pm'd the communications manager from Boards.ie regarding this ongoing harassment and bullying and will take it from there, however, I would like to reiterate that if this matter is not dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner I will be taking it to the proper authorities where I am protected under law of the Equal status act 2000.
    Fine so, we will let the "Communications manager" handle the issue for you.
    I will continue on and act as I said I would...just a soon as I get a spare moment that is.

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Fine so, we will let the "Communications manager" handle the issue for you.
    I will continue on and act as I said I would...just a soon as I get a spare moment that is.

Fine Asiaprod, I now remain patient and await for either the CM or yourself to deal with it, thank you for your effort and my apologies if I came across impatient as I did.

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

You're welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I have removed TheZohan's sig and PM'd him about his behaviour which I find beyond unacceptable.

However, you have made a legal threat against Boards.ie and as is standard policy, you are site-banned. Had you given us a reasonable amount of time to address all this and not resorted to legal threats after a 12 hour time frame, this might have ended in a much more favourable way for you.

Dav

• Advertisement
Advertisement