Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driver "killed cyclist in revenge attack"

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Crazy scumbag, clearly he has no record for human life....he denies the charge of dangerous driving, thats insane.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

How can he reject he caused death by dangerous driving? As Cabaal said he doesn't have a value on human life. It's irrelevant that he killed a cyclist, this guy has obviously got a killer instinct and needs to be locked away for a very long time.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Under Irish law, that would seem to be easily classified as murder. All you need is either the intent to kill or cause serious harm. He definitely intended the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Article says he is being charged with murder (at the bottom.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Jesus, the bit about going home, hosing down the car and looking to get it repaired is disturbing. Can anyone say psychopath?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

"Mr Webb cycled on to the pavement and was shaking his right arm as if it was hurt."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1269563/Road-rage-motorist-killed-cyclist-revenge-knocking-wing-mirror.html#ixzz0mUPprbPg

I can just imagine exactly what gesture he was performing with his right hand, he didn't deserve to die for it though. That is the way the world is gone now. Zero value on human life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Premeditated, he went out of his way to kill someone, doesnt matter if the victim was on a bike or just walking along. Fitzgerald obviously has the mental capacity to kill and cover his tracks. Society scares me sometimes.

Andrew33 wrote: »
    I can just imagine exactly what gesture he was performing with his right hand, he didn't deserve to die for it though. That is the way the world is gone now. Zero value on human life.

It doesn't say he was shaking his arm at the guy, he was shaking it because he banged it off the wing mirror. I think you might be inferring something that didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I banged my hand off a wing mirror (only the once) two years ago when filtering through heavy traffic. It was quite sore and I nursed my hand while continuing on, mainly as a sign that it hurt me more than any damage I've done to a wing morror if the driver could still see me. Left me with a massive bruse on the back of my hand for a few weeks and have been very careful avoiding wing mirrors ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    It doesn't say he was shaking his arm at the guy, he was shaking it because he banged it off the wing mirror. I think you might be inferring something that didn't happen.

I think the media article is doing the inferring, they're inferring the poor cyclist hurt his hand and was just going about his business when the psycho attacked him (and believe me when I say I have the deepest sympathy for the dead cyclists family) but I see cyclists in city traffic do bizarre things and then flip the bird or make stroking gestures to motorists who censure them! I suspect the cyclist provoked the motorist and paid with his life. Don't for one minute think that I feel the cyclist "deserved it" because I don't but I've seen enough interaction between cyclists and motorists to read between the lines in that article and if you can't read between the lines (or choose not to) you need to remove your blinkers (or your Oakleys or whatever).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

That is the way the world is gone now. Zero value on human life.

Ah now, it's been like that for some time.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I think the media article is doing the inferring, they're inferring the poor cyclist hurt his hand and was just going about his business when the psycho attacked him

It was the prosecuting QC who inferred he was shaking his right arm as if it was hurt.

Reading between the lines? Removing my blinkers? I'm taking the article at face value and the facts as presented, you are simply jumping to conclusions about what may or may not have happened to provoke the driver. This serves nobody.

Unless of course it says somewhere that he made a gesture with his hand? Does shaking your arm suddenly equate to giving two fingers or making a **** motion?

Ridiculous.

Reminds me of the police-officer who claimed two cyclists were shaking their bums at him when they stood up to sprint away from him.

Here it is: http://bicycling.com/blogs/roadrights/2009/04/22/the-right-to-disobey-cops/
    On several occasions the subjects stood up and shaked their butts at me taunting me.

Raam wrote: »
    Reminds me of the police-officer who claimed two cyclists were shaking their bums at him when they stood up to sprint away from him.

Ya I read that one before. What an absolute ignorant gob****e, thank god we don't too many of the likes of him over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Raam wrote: »
    I got pulled by the gardai in my car by for apparently giving the finger to a guy I passed. I had given a thank you wave.

Advertisement