Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you get?

• 29-04-2010 7:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Im in Sydney, thinking of getting a motor bike license. I've had a car license for 8 years, and i've had a racing quad for about 5 years, but I have very little motorbike experience.

Over here, on your first provo, you can get a bike up to 660cc and a power-to-weight ratio under 150kw/tonne. For the first while, id probably be better off with something 250cc maybe. Maybe a KTM scrambler or the likes?

Theres an approved list of bikes that are close to the cut off here:
    http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/downloads/lams_list_100413.pdf

No R6's on it, think i might have to work up to it.

What would other people do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

From that list either the SV650 or Monster600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

ktm 660 SM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Depends on what type of bike yer into? Sports, cruiser, scrambeler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Well id be the first to admit that im not that experienced on bikes, so would a 250 scrambler be a good place to start? I dont want to make complete bits of myself.
    Then move onto some kind of sport bike?

If you pass all your tests etc, im fairly sure your unrestricted straight away, and that can all happen within a year.

So what would ye think of starting off on a 250 or 450 scrambler, then get an R6 of GSXR or something within a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

thought in AUS ye cut your teeth on gpz250's? learner bike of choice over there iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Wossack wrote: »
    thought in AUS ye cut your teeth on gpz250's? learner bike of choice over there iirc

I think it depends on the state. (Although, I think mad max was filmed in NSW!)

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/gettingalicence/motorcycle/learner_rider_licence.html?llid=7

Although, you are restricted to 80K until you get the provisional.

Advertisement