Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Anfield Roar

• 29-04-2010 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

Ok Liverpool Brothers and Sisters

we have/had a reputation of having the KOP litterally scare teams on European nights. remember 2007-08 season.

we played Arsenal and drew 1-1 in our home and away games in the league but in Europe we beat them 4-2 at anfield. that same season we had beaten Inter 1-0, Porto 4-1, Basikatas 8-0 and Tolouse 4-0. in other years we have gotten results against Real Madrid 4-0, Leverkusen 3-1, Juventus 2-1, Auxere 2-0. even back in the glory days we where getting results like Oulu Palloseura 7-0, Oulu Palloseura 10-1, CSKA Sofia 5-1 and Aberdeen 4-0.

these are all results we got at Anfield because of our Anfield roar.

players like Henry and Ronaldinho commented on how they had goosebumps when they waled through the tunnel to the cries of "youll never walk alone". they described the passion from the 12th man as intimidating and off putting. players who came here in their prime to face us.

a European night was always a special thing at anfield. for some reason the passion is just boosted on these nights. when im not there i sit at home on my couch wearing my Dalglish Jersy with my scarf and Giant flag been held over my head with the big screen volume up and singing alone with the anfield faithful to "youll never walk alone". whether im in the house alone or at the pub when its p[acked i sing for 90 mins and beyond if needed. the fire that runs through my veins on these nights really is special.

we can all agree that most if not all of you have similar feelings and thoughts on this.

but................
    this is what also angers me.

our team is struggling this season and isnt performing well at all. instead of showing the passion we know we can show, some have decided to turn oin players and the manager. alot of people instead of singing are booing.

we know that when we sing on these european nights we help the team to win. at half time in Istanbul we sang youll never walk alone. yes some left that night at half time but most of us sang instaed of hanging our heads.

the song isnt just a song.

its a battle cry

we are liverpool fc

we leave no man walk alone

we stand together

we fight together

we win together or we lose together

but we do it together

we are a family and we need to behave like one. next season i purpose. actually scratch that. tommorrow night and on sunday i purpose we show that anfield roar. that pride and passion that has made us the best fans in europe. we will push our team over the line to finish the season with pride. we may not finish 4th but we will not give up.

if spurs or city want 4th they have to take it from us. we will not give it to them. all next season we need to treat every home game as a european night. 19 games is 57 points. we take all 57 from our home games and we do the best away from home. lets show this league who the real Liverpool FC are.

brothers and sisters unite. we are Liverpool FC and we will not die off. we will be back and shock the league next season. doesnt matter if we have Rafa, Lucas, Insua, Kuyt, Aqua or Ngog. we have the one thing that makes the difference and thats the Anfield Roar.

watch out Premier league next year your coming home

scarf.gifscarf.gifscarf.gifscarf.gifscarf.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Paulegend wrote: »

Facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is there a point to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rafa? Is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Must be some roar if you can hear it down in Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Anfield Whimper this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Des wrote: »
    The Anfield Whimper this season

I wonder what it'll be like if Liverpool ever get that new stadium could destroy the atmosphere completly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

. we have the one thing that makes the difference and thats the Anfield Roar.

what difference exactly? would you be relegated without it?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

the point is that this year the roar hasnt been there and we need it back. too much off the field politics have taken the focus away from cheering on the lads. its time that we just help the lads instead of talking about rubbish board room stuff we shouldnt need to worry about. we are fans not financial consultants. the yanks are selling so lets get back to supporting the team

the point is that this year the roar hasnt been there and we need it back. too much off the field politics have taken the focus away from cheering on the lads. its time that we just help the lads instead of talking about rubbish board room stuff we shouldnt need to worry about. we are fans not financial consultants. the yanks are selling so lets get back to supporting the team

But you can't really "roar" on an internet forum.

UNLESS YOU POST LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME

which would be quite annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

But you can't really "roar" on an internet forum.

UNLESS YOU POST LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME

which would be quite annoying

I always shout in my head whenever someone uses caps gets old fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fookin' hell. The only time Anfield ever has a "roar" is European nights, and its pretty easy to have an atmosphere at them big games too. Take out all the day-trippers from the Kop, and it'd be quality I'd imagine.

In the Premier League, teams like Stoke and the likes rely much more on the noise of their supporters imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

the cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Are you even going to be at the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

virtual pep rally ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

IBTL? Is that you Stevie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

LOL, a battle cry for fourth place, and yet there is still the obligatory "Next Season" bit. Superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Premier League next season?!? I don't see how that will be possible without Torres and Gerrard, and a new manager with not much money to spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Also just noticed "the Premier League welcome home bit", thats hilarious considering the premier league trophy has never been in Anfield.

Least ya could have done is say league title or something, even if you said that at the moment, there is a 50/50 custody on it. The premier league trophys home is Old Trafford, its just gone away on backpacking the odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Spud83 wrote: »
    Also just noticed "the Premier League welcome home bit", thats hilarious considering the premier league trophy has never been in Anfield.

Least ya could have done is say league title or something, even if you said that at the moment, there is a 50/50 custody on it. The premier league trophys home is Old Trafford, its just gone away on backpacking the odd time.

awwww ...how cute !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

While I don't doubt the OP's intentions are anything other than admirible, that is cringeworthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Post of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

f*ck sake.

i was hoping today would a day to be proud of, seeing us hopefully get through to the Europa League final.

then this facepalm of a thread came along.

at least whenever someone says 'fanboy', i now have something concrete to reference as an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Its a **** song anyway.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Liverpool fans (and especially Phil Thompsan) seem to think that they are the only club which has a good atmosphere on an important european night.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

See Liverpool footballing team as such is not easier or harder to suffer than any other team in the premiership. Whatever rocks your boat I say. Nothing wrong with showing a bit of enthusiasm for your childhood legends.

But it's this kind of sh1te (OP) that makes you cringe and say 'will you ever go away'?
    Liverpool FC's supporter scene seems to be this unique collection tank for all the immature man-childs on this planet. Fully grown people in their thirties, fourties and even fifties who walk around in the full LFC kit on a Saturday afternoon in Tescos pushing their prams undoubtedly going back to their homes writing posts like the thread starter. All I say is...

WTF?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

:confused:

Words fail me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ahh nothing like an aul giggle this time of day!
    brothers and sisters indeed...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Spud83 wrote: »

No No

I have quite depressing memories of Blackburn winning it there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Liam O wrote: »
    Is there a point to this?

Yea, "This is our year" (next year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

when im not there i sit at home on my couch wearing my Dalglish Jersy with my scarf and Giant flag been held over my head with the big screen volume up and singing alone with the anfield faithful to "youll never walk alone". whether im in the house alone or at the pub when its p[acked i sing for 90 mins and beyond if needed. the fire that runs through my veins on these nights really is special.

Remind me to never watch a match with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

You bring a giant flag down to the pub with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Well done on your two home victories against those giants of Finnish football, Oulun Pallosuera, 30 years ago.

Here are the Oulun Pallosuera boys at a recent game

ops_tpv_1.jpg

ops_tpv_6.jpg

How you ever managed to beat them at home I'll never understand. Thank god you had the Anfield roar, that's all I can say!

If that's not a sign you're nailed on to win tonight, then I don't know what is to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

when im not there i sit at home on my couch wearing my Dalglish Jersy with my scarf and Giant flag been held over my head with the big screen volume up and singing alone with the anfield faithful to "youll never walk alone". whether im in the house alone or at the pub when its p[acked i sing for 90 mins and beyond if needed. the fire that runs through my veins on these nights really is special.

Mentalist.

Reminds me of this guy:

(Alan Partridge superfan).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Couldn't you have just said:

"Brothers and sisters, pump up the volume". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

read this thread this morning, but since I got to work, I've been having a **** day but I had a great idea....

I re-read the OP and I'm genuinely in better form after it - cheered me up no end.

Anyone know how to recommend a 'thread / post of the day' cos this is it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

we have/had a reputation of having the KOP litterally scare teams on European nights. remember 2007-08 season.

we played Arsenal and drew 1-1 in our home and away games in the league but in Europe we beat them 4-2 at anfield. that same season we had beaten Inter 1-0, Porto 4-1, Basikatas 8-0 and Tolouse 4-0. in other years we have gotten results against Real Madrid 4-0, Leverkusen 3-1, Juventus 2-1, Auxere 2-0. even back in the glory days we where getting results like Oulu Palloseura 7-0, Oulu Palloseura 10-1, CSKA Sofia 5-1 and Aberdeen 4-0.

these are all results we got at Anfield because of our Anfield roar.

players like Henry and Ronaldinho commented on how they had goosebumps when they waled through the tunnel to the cries of "youll never walk alone". they described the passion from the 12th man as intimidating and off putting. players who came here in their prime to face us.

a European night was always a special thing at anfield. for some reason the passion is just boosted on these nights. when im not there i sit at home on my couch wearing my Dalglish Jersy with my scarf and Giant flag been held over my head with the big screen volume up and singing alone with the anfield faithful to "youll never walk alone". whether im in the house alone or at the pub when its p[acked i sing for 90 mins and beyond if needed. the fire that runs through my veins on these nights really is special.

we can all agree that most if not all of you have similar feelings and thoughts on this.

but................
    this is what also angers me.

our team is struggling this season and isnt performing well at all. instead of showing the passion we know we can show, some have decided to turn oin players and the manager. alot of people instead of singing are booing.

we know that when we sing on these european nights we help the team to win. at half time in Istanbul we sang youll never walk alone. yes some left that night at half time but most of us sang instaed of hanging our heads.

the song isnt just a song.

its a battle cry

we are liverpool fc

we leave no man walk alone

we stand together

we fight together

we win together or we lose together

but we do it together

we are a family and we need to behave like one. next season i purpose. actually scratch that. tommorrow night and on sunday i purpose we show that anfield roar. that pride and passion that has made us the best fans in europe. we will push our team over the line to finish the season with pride. we may not finish 4th but we will not give up.

if spurs or city want 4th they have to take it from us. we will not give it to them. all next season we need to treat every home game as a european night. 19 games is 57 points. we take all 57 from our home games and we do the best away from home. lets show this league who the real Liverpool FC are.

brothers and sisters unite. we are Liverpool FC and we will not die off. we will be back and shock the league next season. doesnt matter if we have Rafa, Lucas, Insua, Kuyt, Aqua or Ngog. we have the one thing that makes the difference and thats the Anfield Roar.

OP, Talk about bad punctuation, spelling, etc. Normally speaking I would be singing from the rooftops about something like this, and I appreciate the sentiments. But if this post isn't sorted before end of the day I'll be taking this post up with my good friends on the spell czechs forum :D. Have highlighted in Bold the mistakes. Correct them please.

Anyone know how to recommend a 'thread / post of the day' cos this is it.

Post with most thanks at bottom of it gets post of the day if I'm correct

Talk about bad punctuation, spelling, etc. Normally speaking I would be singing from the rooftops but if this isnt B][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]isn[B]'[/B]t[/COLORsorted before end of the day B]word missing, should be:[/B][COLOR="Blue"]before [B]the [/B]end of the day[/COLORIll COLOR="Blue"]I[B]'[/B]ll[/COLORbe taking this post to the spell czechs B]needs capital letters[/Bforum :D

Hmmmm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Hmmmm?

Are you running the post through a fancy boards.ie Spell Czecher to get the fancy formatting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

scarf.gifscarf.gifscarf.gifscarf.gifscarf.gif

Brilliant.:pac: has to be a pisstake surely.

astrofool wrote: »
    Are you running the post through a fancy boards.ie Spell Czecher to get the fancy formatting?

Nope, using the handy tools available, such as the colour picker etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

when im not there i sit at home on my couch wearing my Dalglish Jersy with my scarf and Giant flag been held over my head with the big screen volume up and singing alone with the anfield faithful to "youll never walk alone".

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I 'd say a Man United fan posted this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SlickRic wrote: »
    f*ck sake.

i was hoping today would a day to be proud of, seeing us hopefully get through to the Europa League final.

at least whenever someone says 'fanboy', i now have something concrete to reference as an example.

Jesus, high Horse or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I haven't laughed as much at a speech since this one.

Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And I'm not out of order. You're out of order! The whole freaking system is out of order! You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge, it's Chinatown!

Ps Hope there's no Roar at the weekend.

SlickRic wrote: »
    f*ck sake.

Fanboy post of the year without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

It's a bit Delia "LET'S BE AVIN' YA, WHERE ARE YA":)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ush1 wrote: »
    I 'd say a Man United fan posted this.
    Nah.We'd be a bit more subtle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's a bit Delia "LET'S BE AVIN' YA, WHERE ARE YA":)

Ha that was epic live viewing. And we won with the shittest Robbie Fowler goal.

Nah.We'd be a bit more subtle
    hmmm. One post springs to mind. Should be a sticky it was so funny. Number 101. They did it first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

OP, Talk about bad punctuation, spelling, etc. Normally speaking I would be singing from the rooftops about something like this, and I appreciate the sentiments. But if this post isn't sorted before end of the day I'll be taking this post up with my good friends on the spell czechs forum :D. Have highlighted in Bold the mistakes. Correct them please.

Are you for real?

Have a read of this, the proverb "physician, heal thyself" is screaming at me for some reason.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement