Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoring movies with Ableton help needed!

Options
  • 29-04-2010 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey Guys & Gals,

You have been very helpful in the past with queries so I am hoping you can help me with this! Can't find anything on the net either...

I have recently started importing movies into Ableton and have just finished a music video to accompany one of my tracks. It's very easy - just drag the movie in as you would with an audio file. When I play the track from the start the movie window opens and plays with the track and I am delighted with it.

Now, the part I can't figure out......Is it possible to save the Ableton track and movie in such a format that it can be imported into iMovie or posted on youtube? When rendering Ableton tracks it only gives option of saving as AIFF or WAV.

Is there any option of saving as MPEG or Quicktime format? I checked the manual, the Ableton site and some chatrooms but have been unable to find any information. It would also be nice to send the track, including video, to clients in some format they would be able to open without having Ableton, like MPEG or summat.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Try Camtasia trial here :-

http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp

Windows also has a movie maker built in, as probably does a mac.

You'd be able to render the video and music together in camtasia with no problem in a variety of formats.

There are also apps on 'sourceforge' that are free for doing this, but have complex UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Seamonster

Hi Neurojazz,

Thanks a million for getting back to this post. I downloaded it last night on to my Mac and it didn't recognise the file type so wouldn't open it. It looks like a great application all the same and I will have a go at it again later.

I eventually heard back from Ableton about the query and they said that the newest upgrade of Ableton 8 has it but it's very expensive to upgrade - 250 lids. I work as a teacher in Spain and can get an educational discount so would pay more or less the same for a completely new version!

I'll try and open the file later and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Ah, sorry - the movie software is windows only (unless you have boot camp installed?)

Hopefully a mac user will spot this and suggest that platforms best app.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Final cut pro etc...

hense why most in this game just run logic and do it all in one hit :D

Advertisement