If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about my Onkyo HTS3305

Options
  • 29-04-2010 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I'm thrilled with my new TV and AV gear which arrived on Monday, thanks, but I have a question you might be able to help with:

My understanding of the AV receiver being HDMI 1.4 was that, with just the one HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV that I could have the stereo sound from the TV's analogue tuner output through the amp and speakers. I have gone through the menus on the receiver and the TV to try to get this to work but to no avail. Can you maybe give me any pointers on what settings I'm looking for on either device?

I've checked the web looking for info on HDMI 1.3 vs. 1.4 and as far as I have been able to determine there should be no difference in the cables. FWIW I bought a 1.4 branded cable to connect the TV to the amp anyway to be on the safe side.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Milltown.

Glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase!! :)

I know what the problem is that you are having :( The Samaung 40B550 television is not 1.4 rated and is only 1.3. That is why the sound is not going through the HDMI from the screen to the amp.

To get the audio from the TV you would need to use either the Audio out or the optical out on the screen to the amp.

I hope this is of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Aha!
    That makes sense, thanks Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elbaztardo

Hi Milltown,

Just wondering how you find youre system as regards sound quality, ease of use?

Thinkin of buying one.

Sorry, I haven't been online much lately.

I'm delighted with it! It's my first proper surround sound setup, (previous was a 5.1 DVD set for €80, which didn't last long). All that's feeding it is the PS3 over HDMI, and the analog cable feeding back from the TV over an optical cable. Cable TV sounds much improved. Blu rays and games on the PS3 are the poodles noodles though. As said, I don't have much of a frame of reference to compare it against but it sounds good to me.

If you're near Lucan and fancy a listen you're more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 elbaztardo

Thanks a million man, thats a great help. I think ill go ahead and buy one.

Just one other small question, can the return from the TV be played in surround sound or is it just stereo?

• Advertisement

I've only got the coax from the NTL point on the wall feeding the TV so it's only stereo (although it does seem to come out through front and rear speakers). Actually, I'm not sure if even the SKY or NTL digiboxes carry any more than just stereo audio anyway.

System was easy enough to set up, just a bit of playing with some of the settings to be done. After that you can forget all about it. I've it set to turn on and off with the TV, via the HDMI signal so I rarely even need to find the Onkyo remote.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

elbaztardo wrote: »
    Thanks a million man, thats a great help. I think ill go ahead and buy one.

Just one other small question, can the return from the TV be played in surround sound or is it just stereo?

Elbaztatdo,

just give us a shout if you need one - we will do our best to get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Elbaztatdo,

the TV sound can be reproduced in Dolby Pro Logic which makes a surround sound effect from a stereo source.

More info can be found here.

Hope this answers this, but if you need anything else, please drop us a line.

Cheers

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Hi,

I see this on your site at £299.95.
    Do ye have the I-pod dock in store?
    What price would the two be?
    TIA

Bump:)

• Advertisement

staker wrote: »
    Hi,

I see this on your site at £299.95.
    Do ye have the I-pod dock in store?
    What price would the two be?
    TIA

Stake,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The HTS3305 is a great unit and it is now our top selling AV Receiver/Speaker combo - we can do it in combination with the Onkyo DSA-3 (That's the posh Dock) at just £364.95 and delivery would be just £11.99 extra - a total of £376.94.

Keep me posted if you need any further info or if you would like us to reserve on of these beauties for you,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John, that DS3 looks nice alright.
    Looking for some wall mounts for the 5 speakers, but can't find them on your site.....
    Am I looking in the wrong place?

staker wrote: »
    Thanks John, that DS3 looks nice alright.
    Looking for some wall mounts for the 5 speakers, but can't find them on your site.....
    Am I looking in the wrong place?

Stak,

No problem - they really don't need separate brackets - they are designed with screw hole's in the back and will just clip onto a wall mounted screw no problem ( much as I would love to sell you brackets, you don't need them....)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Hi John

I'd be interested in the HTS3305

What is the best price you can sell it for? :)
    Do you have a VIP club that offers discounts?

thanks
    m

Hi Mathie.

We do have a VIP club but it targets discount on specific products and that this one is not currently featured.

The price that I have on this sytem at the moment is £299.95 and delivery is £11.99.

We have them in stock and it can be ordered on our website or by sending me a contact number for you on a PM.

We do always offer our pricebeat so if you can get the same product delivered for less, let us know where you saw it and we'll beat the price.

Thanks for posting.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 8 moynihanp

Hi Dave,

I'd be really interested in ordering one of these for delivery to dublin myself.

Could you recommend some interconnects to go with it?

Regards,
    Peter

Hi Peter.

Cheers for the post.

What sources are you looking to connect into the receiver ?

They do provide some basic cables on the box but they don't give you optical, HDMI etc etc.

Let me know and I'll recommend a few cables.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Tbh I was wondering about the speaker cables themselves. If you reckon the ones that are included are up to scratch then they'll be fine.

Currently the only sources will be component and hdmi.

HI Moynihanp.

The speaker cable that comes with the kit is very very basic!!

I would recomment an up-grade even to the Cambridge Symphony 100 which is priced at .99p per meter
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=225&Results=true&keys=cambridge

Hi Kenny,

Just sent you a PM with my number if you want to chat about putting in an order.

• Advertisement

Hi Moynihanp.

Thanks for the order on the phone earlier. ;)

We did not get in out today but it will leave on Monday and arrive with yourself on Tuesday.

Hi,
    Went to order one of these there now and the site is telling me ye are currently running a special promotion.
    Is this on the Onkyo HTS3305 as well and if so, what's the promo-code?
    TIA

Hi Staker.

We do run specific promotions on products and in newspapers etc but we don't have one running at the moment so you can leave that blank.

It appears on all products on the site as the promo can cover all products or it can be product specific.

If you need any further help, give me a shout.

ATB

Dave

Cheers for that Dave, just ordered the system there now.

Very happy with this lads,very nice system for the money and good communication from Dave throughout purchase,(slight hiccup with manufacturer's delivery).
    Will hopefully deal again in the future.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.