Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another BSOD...!?

• 29-04-2010 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey,

Been getting the BSOD nearly every day now and not sure why, I copied in the error report below - anyone know what it means as I haven't a clue!? - I looked on the net but couldn't find any info related to it. Thanks in advance folks

J :)

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 7f
    BCP1: 0000000000000008
    BCP2: 0000000080050031
    BCP3: 00000000000406F8
    BCP4: FFFFF80002C4BE58
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\042910-24570-01.dmp
    C:\Users\J\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60325-0.sysdata.xml

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Is it Windows 7 ?

I installed Windows 7 on my laptop, but have been getting BSOD's on a regular basis.

I went to the device manager and noticed that a few devices were "unknown".
    So I went to the Dell website and downloaded the drivers for my specific model.
    It said to try the Vista drivers if no Windows 7 drivers were available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If you attach the minidumps here or link to them I will have a look.

Located here C:\Windows\Minidump\

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Cheers Cuddlesworth - how do I read the .dmp file? or is it possible to send you it? (can't see any info on uploading files here...?)

Zip it and attach it to a post here. Its below where you type your text, as manage attachments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Are you runnung Vista?

Have you installed norton or another AV recently?

Do you have an external usb HDD attached?

• Advertisement

If you attach the minidumps here or link to them I will have a look.

Located here C:\Windows\Minidump\

attached as requested and thanks for your help ;)

Hey,

That's a 'no' to all three of those questions - cheers :)

Hardware related, blue screen was a Double Fault. I'm sure a few people on here will be able to help you test your ram and cpu to rule them out.

Thanks Cuddlesworth for your time and help, I was having problems with a 64bit version of Itunes and have now rectified that with a new update - strangely enough now that I think about it the problems concerning the BSOD happened around the same time as the itunes issue....?

Since I updated there have been no further issues, is this just coincidence or could this have been the root of the problem?

Cheers

JayC5 wrote: »
    Thanks Cuddlesworth for your time and help, I was having problems with a 64bit version of Itunes and have now rectified that with a new update - strangely enough now that I think about it the problems concerning the BSOD happened around the same time as the itunes issue....?

Since I updated there have been no further issues, is this just coincidence or could this have been the root of the problem?

Cheers

Doubtful, your blue screen was caused by the Windows kernel, I-tunes or any other app should only be able to take themselves out. Plus the offending file would have been part of the minidump if it was driver related.

• Advertisement
Advertisement