Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballykeeffe Flyover

Options
  • 29-04-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

I see the taggers have been out in force over the last couple of days on the new flyover. Granted it's not the most aesthetic looking structure - but all that tagging just makes it look grottier. Any chance of a camera being put up there do you think to prevent any more of this. It would also come in handy should there be any accidents at that STUPIDLY positioned pedestrian crossing at the exit/entrance of a busy roundabout :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

This graffiti bullsh*t really annoys. Really lads, have ye nothing better to do.

It's not big and it's not smart. Surely there is better craic to be had playing soccer, rugby, scoring some young ones etc.?

Having grown up in the country, the whole graffiti thing seems an alien form of entertainment to me. As my parents would say, a few days in the bog would sort them out, send them home tired! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Artistic graffitti would be cool (and could brighten the bridge up a little) but these tags and bubble writing annoy me! What's worse is that I'm pretty sure I saw people trying to clean it a week or two ago...

/sigh

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It was only cleaned a few weeks ago as a UK cleaning company was there with their vans and the guys had chemical sprayers on their backs.

So the taggers have just come along and painted over the clean bits again.

Nice to see that the waffle about scumbags caught and charged for anti social acts to do clean up jobs as part of their punishment came true. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If people in the area want to raise their issues on the subject of the tagging and other anti social stuff in the area, there will be a public meeting arranged at City hall by the residents of Ballinacurra Gardens, Ballinacurra (the main road going back towards the shopping centre) and some of the surrounding areas.

The massive jump in damage, assaults, and non garda response will be discussed, and members of the gardai will be invited too.

As far as I know Joe Leddin will be there as well as he has put a lot of work into it. Think he will have a piece in the Leader about some of it too.

No doubt Jim Long the invisible councillor will now start to surface. He wanted nothing to do with it despite living in Ballinacurra Gardens and kept his usual low profile, just like he normally does when there are no cameras about.

But when this gets off the ground he will be around trying to make out that he was involved and that he give a damn about locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Since when did it get called "tagging" ? That sounds way too casual and acceptable.

It's graffiti / vandalism.

And those doing it should be beaten around the head for making our city look like a derelict tenament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    And those doing it should be beaten around the head for making our city look like a derelict tenament.

Ya like the people who shut down half the town for the opera centre and pedestrianised a city with no pedestrians and force shops to close due to high rents and rates etc. etc. ..

get over the tagging for now and worry about the bigger picture.. maybe they should employ some of the good artists to do a proper job on the bridge.. i didnt see anyone complaing about ronan & paul on the dock rd..

that bridge is an eyesore in process.. even some barriers where you could see out would be better.. i dont think barriers would be tagged if the bars were thin..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Haven't seen it yet. Are there obscenities written there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Aidric wrote: »

Yes.

Indubitably, terribly wicked ones at that Sir.

Since when did it get called "tagging" ?

Since the 1970's

Aidric wrote: »

Maybe you should google tagging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Since when did it get called "tagging" ? That sounds way too casual and acceptable.

It's graffiti / vandalism.

As the lads said, the term "tagging" has been around for quite a while. But that's beside the point, I'd be annoyed at any media outlet that started using it with the underlying implication that it's any more than a few colour-blind idiots who can't act, can't draw and probably look awful. I guess they all think they're the next Banksy but judging by most of their creations they'd be better off urinating against the wall to tag it.
    A hundred hours of community service cleaning up their mess in public with a toothbrush would do me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Stab*City wrote: »
    Ya like the people who shut down half the town for the opera centre and pedestrianised a city with no pedestrians and force shops to close due to high rents and rates etc. etc. ..

get over the tagging for now and worry about the bigger picture

I agree, but that's no excuse for some scumbags to make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Saw a couple of kids tagging a newly erected hoarding outside the Old Quarter this morning. They legged it when they saw me coming though, it was a ****e tag as well.

Advertisement