Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not your usual Hero network issue

• 29-04-2010 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

I'm having a VERY annoying issue with my Hero, and its not the usual 3G/2G handshake problem.

Night before last, in bed, I switched off my phone, as battery started to beep, and I couldn't have been arsed getting out of bed to get the charger from downstairs. Power off, your phone with switch off, yes, done.

Yesterday.
    Onto charger, and powered on phone. Entered PIN, and got Unlocking Sim Card message, for AGES. I mean, a couple of minutes. Then it eventually went to Home screen, but had no network, you know the little X beside the signal bar, and the little SIM logo, and lockscreen said No SIM inserted.

Powered off, reseated SIM, just in case, power on, same deal.

Repeat ad naseum. Tried my SIM in my Mrs phone, grand. Tried again in the Hero, nothing.

Tried her SIM in my phone, grand. Tried again in the Hero, nothing.

Had to leave the house, to go to Drogheda, and got a couple of miles out the road, bang, logged onto Meteor. Was fine for the rest of the day, UNTIL I got back to Cavan.

The second I got back into the town, the network dropped, and it was going the same again. Eventually, I got logged onto Vodafone (roaming) and had coverage, but not ideal, no data.

Went out of town to a friends house last night, the second I left the town, I could pick up the network, and all was grand.

Back into town, gone. Still saying no SIM.

Is this a Meteor problem, is it a SIM problem, a Hero/HTC issue, or an Android problem.

Hero, rooted, Modaco 3.1, no changed to phone in the last month, really.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Did you or can you try another Meteor SIM in Cavan?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Delboy5

I getting this too !!!! Have a HTC Hero also, I work in Cavan and am not getting connected to the meteor network since yesterday morning, however when i leave work and head home (co. monaghan), all works ok again.........

Rang Meteor this morning but just got the usual answer, "there were some network problems yesterday but these should now be resolved, i will report it to our technical team" !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Did you or can you try another Meteor SIM in Cavan?

Tried her SIM in my phone, and seems to be fine.
    Delboy5 wrote: »
    I getting this too !!!! Have a HTC Hero also, I work in Cavan and am not getting connected to the meteor network since yesterday morning, however when i leave work and head home (co. monaghan), all works ok again.........

Rang Meteor this morning but just got the usual answer, "there were some network problems yesterday but these should now be resolved, i will report it to our technical team" !!!

Thank you. I thought I was either going batty, or phone was fooked.

Stupid black hole that is Cavan town.

Advertisement