Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda library

Options
  • 29-04-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can search old newspapers 1960`s and 70`s and then photocopy relevant info from them at Drogheda library?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

I'm not sure if the library has newspaers going back that far but i know the millmount museum has a collection of drogheda independants going back as far as the 1930's, if not to the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Thanks Arthur,its more the Irish times and Inependant that i need,any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I would imagine they have microfilms of newspapers from that era, yes. Ring them and check.

It's newer stuff you won't find in Drogheda library....it's the most appalling library I have ever visited. Terrible layout, terrible selection of stock (they rarely seem to get any new books in), the internet access "computers" must be nearly 10 years old and the staff don't seem to care how loud people talk or how badly behaved kids are in the library.

Sorry, rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 cici09

Hi, does any one know of any book clubs in Drogheda. It would be for a senior citizen. Thanks
    :)

Advertisement