Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the large company policies on hireing in Nothern Ireland regarding religion?

Options
  • 29-04-2010 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

What the large company policies on hiring in Northern Ireland? Do they have to hire an equal number of protestant and catholic’s? Are there any legislation regarding this? I am doing this for a college assignment; I would be very grateful for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Firstly I don't think there are any affirmative action type regulations up north.

Secondly, use the spell checker and get someone to proof read your assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭John368

You could try the following link

http://www.equalityni.org/sections/catlist.asp?catid=15

As far as I know the 50/50 rule for hiring people only applies to the Police (PSNI), but there are rules for trying to encourage say protestants to to work in a firm with a mainly catholic workforce and to encourage catholics to work in a manily protestant workforce firm.

I hope this is of some help

Advertisement